natural supplements

mistylavon

I'm just wondering if anyone uses any of these supplements? If so, what has your experience been with them and can you see a difference?

wanderlost

I can't afford juice plus, but I have heard wonderful things from those who use it. I would love to add it to my diet...after I win the lottery maybe!

mistylavon

The Juice Plus+ for kids is $22.75 a month and $39.95 a month for adults. I'm thinking of starting my 20 month old w/ CF on it.

thelizardqueen

I had a guy approach me about this juice about a year ago and he swore up and down the it cured his cancer. I find that hard to believe. I'm sure it helps, but I don't think its the wonder supplement he tried to peddle it off as. Plus I'm diabetic so I don't drink a lot of juice to begin with.

mistylavon

Juice Plus+ is a capsule supplement, not an actual juice. It's 17+ fruits and veggies. Dr. Sears, world renowned pedictrician highly recommends it for children and adults.

thelizardqueen

The guy who talked to me about it, said that it came in a juice form too, unless it was something different, but similar. Who knows.

ehtansky21

ethan sky is on ambrotose along with other glyconutrients. He is doing great and we attribute it to those products. e-mail me if you have any specific questions...
heleadsmyway@cox.net

mom2brooke

My daughter has been on the Juice Plus for about 3 months now. For parents of children, if you order an adult supply, you get a childs supply for free.

mistylavon

Ehtansky21 - What other glyconutrients is your son on? How old is he?

mom2brooke - Can you tell a difference in Brooke yet? Do you take the Juice Plus also? How is it making you feel?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I read an article on Xango juice in Dr. Weil's newsletter. Basically indicated for the costs involved, you're better off with fresh fruit that's high in antioxidants. Also heard Glyconutrients was a scam -- someone on healthboards indicated they were told it would cure a loved ones ALS.

ehtansky21

Glyconutrients do not claim to cure anything....they are nutrients that are meant to get our bodies to be able to fix things that are fixable.....
Misty, ethan sky is on ambrotose, sport (an antiinflammatory) and phytaloe powder (fruits and veggies that were picked in their most nutritious state)... we are on a plan called mannarelief that provides the products at a much cheaper price...

mistylavon

I just want to say I think everyone should be researching the Xango product. I've been reading lots of information on this and how wonderful xanthones are for you that come from the mangosteen fruit. It's suppose to help with many different things i.e. how amounts of antioxidants, digestion problems, anti-inflammatory, immune modulator are just a few to name. There are several high profile docs that use this for themselves and their patients. Including world-renowned Dr. Amod Tootla, M.D. and scientist, he's the doc the introduced laproscopic colon surgery and robotic surgery to the U.S. There are many studies on mangosteen in laboratories before Xango even came along. If you do research, <u><i>search for mangosteen or xanthone(s)</i></u>. I have absolutely nothing to do w/ this company, I've just really been researching it to use on my daughter w/ CF. Please research this and let me know what you think.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the link to the article that was in Dr. Weil's newsletter about xango juice... A lady I work with uses it and swears it's wonderful. Her sister sells and and I think she's tried to sell it to a few people around town who are undergoing cancer treatment.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.drweil.com/u/QA/QA326623/">http://www.drweil.com/u/QA/QA326623/</a>

mistylavon

Hi Liza - I've seen this before, I've spent many, many hours online researching this product and ingredients. In my opinion, Dr. Weil says what he needs to to stay in good w/ both the medical view side and the natural side. That's what it seems like to me anyway. Have you looked into this product or talk to the lady you work w/ about it?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't really looked into the product itself. I tend to buy more fruits and veggies, etc that are high in antioxidents - blue berries, pomagranet juice, green tea... I probably spend just as much money buying fresh fruits, etc as the xango juice costs.

The woman I work with claims it works wonders, but I was a little put off by her selling it to a woman she knew from card club who was dying from bone cancer. From what I've heard it is spendy --- I think she just has a standard order sent to her each month and the amount taken from her credit card.

I get Dr. Weil's newsletter from my parents. Usually just skim it over and toss it. The xango juice caught my eye because of my coworker.

Giggles

I have tried Juice Plus myself and I did not notice anything while I was on it and I did not notice anything when I went off of it. I do eat well balanced. I do not know what to really think of it. My cousin who is a doctor and sells Juice plus just swears by it! So who knows!!! But I can not pay for it right now on top of all the other meds I need so I currently do not take it.

Jennifer 34 years old with CF and CFRD

debs2girls

I sell Juice Plus, I take it myself and give it to my children. You can only do the childrens research study (free for your child) if your child is between 6 and 15 years of age.
When starting JP, it takes about 28 days before you notice any thing at all then it might just be more energy. The benefits are ones that you will see in the long run, not short term.
JP does not come in a juice form but it does also come in a powder you can mix with the drink of your choice, non alcoholic of course.
I have some in stock if anyone would like a 28 days supply to try, let me know.
Ethansky, you have the same internet service provider that I have. What state do you live in?

karon72

We tried it because a good friend was selling it. My husband and son both broke out in a rash. I took them off & it went away. Then I tried it again & the same rash came back. I did not put Erin on it because I talked with her nutritionist & she didn't really see the need. Erin drinks Pediasures (2-3 per day) & eats lots of veggies & fruits, so she was getting her daily vitamins needed. I tried it but didn't like it. It really upset my stomach, but again we eat a lot of fruits and veggies everyday.

bgchastain

Just wanted to say that my enitre family drinks Xango and we swear by it. It has helped my parents with their cholesterol and my moms allergies ( she had really bad allergies). I have taken it for almost 2 years and I've been doing pretty good, the thing I noticed right away was that it really helped my digestion. Hope that helps.
Oh and my aunt sells it- thats how we get it, but she won't benefit from someone else selling the Xango, so please don't think that's why we love it- that's just how we get it. I actually think their are some other products available with the same fruits in it- it actually might be cheaper.