Nearing the end......

tinamarie4685

Just wondering, how those last weeks of pregnancy treated you? I'm back on IVs... same meds as last time, Aztreonam & Zosyn for the Pseudomonis, MRSA and a new bacteria I grew out called Serratia Marcescens (doc said I most likely picked it up at the hospital which I am at every week now for my high risk obgyn & sonograms..)
I'll be 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and things are getting REALLY difficult! I know in any pregnancy things get uncomfy towards the end, but I was just wondering what specifics any of you faced during those last weeks?

I'm just trying to hang in there and know that this will get better soon!!

tinamarie4685

Just wondering, how those last weeks of pregnancy treated you? I'm back on IVs... same meds as last time, Aztreonam & Zosyn for the Pseudomonis, MRSA and a new bacteria I grew out called Serratia Marcescens (doc said I most likely picked it up at the hospital which I am at every week now for my high risk obgyn & sonograms..)
I'll be 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and things are getting REALLY difficult! I know in any pregnancy things get uncomfy towards the end, but I was just wondering what specifics any of you faced during those last weeks?

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

<br />I'll be 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and things are getting REALLY difficult! I know in any pregnancy things get uncomfy towards the end, but I was just wondering what specifics any of you faced during those last weeks?
<br />
<br />I'm just trying to hang in there and know that this will get better soon!!

mom2lillian

hey there

I ended up on IV's in october and was due in dec so I imagine it was at about he same point you are at. The only thing I remeber about that period is sleep, lots and lots of sleep and doing next to nothing, just sleep, housework be (&%(%^ it will be there later, better yet get someone else to do it for you!

I was not having a hard time with carrying the pregnancy at that point so if you are having a hard time already take it extra extra easy. Eat frequently and drink LOTS water. Did you know a dehydrated uterus contracts and gets irritated easier than a hydrated one and is often a cause of premature labor?

mom2lillian

hey there

I ended up on IV's in october and was due in dec so I imagine it was at about he same point you are at. The only thing I remeber about that period is sleep, lots and lots of sleep and doing next to nothing, just sleep, housework be (&%(%^ it will be there later, better yet get someone else to do it for you!

I was not having a hard time with carrying the pregnancy at that point so if you are having a hard time already take it extra extra easy. Eat frequently and drink LOTS water. Did you know a dehydrated uterus contracts and gets irritated easier than a hydrated one and is often a cause of premature labor?

mom2lillian

hey there

mom2lillian

hey there

mom2lillian

hey there
<br />
<br />I ended up on IV's in october and was due in dec so I imagine it was at about he same point you are at. The only thing I remeber about that period is sleep, lots and lots of sleep and doing next to nothing, just sleep, housework be (&%(%^ it will be there later, better yet get someone else to do it for you!
<br />
<br />I was not having a hard time with carrying the pregnancy at that point so if you are having a hard time already take it extra extra easy. Eat frequently and drink LOTS water. Did you know a dehydrated uterus contracts and gets irritated easier than a hydrated one and is often a cause of premature labor?

K

Keepercjr

Tina

I think the last few weeks are difficult for just about every pregnant woman, CF or no CF. You're getting huge, its hard to sleep, harder to breathe, harder to eat, etc.

I agree w/ Nicole - take it easy as much as possible. Let the housework go and ask others (especially your DH) to step in. I can't remember if you work or not but maybe now is the time to take some time off? Pamper yourself - get a massage.

Can you describe what exactly is getting uncomfortable? For me, one of my biggest problems was pain in my pelvis. My chiropractor was my lifesaver, especially at the end when I was seeing him twice a week. If you are experiencing any kind of back or pelvic pain I suggest seeing a chiro asap.

A website you should start looking at now is called www.spinningbabies.com It will help you achieve optimal fetal positioning for labor and delivery. Most people think you just want a baby to be head down - but that is only part of the equation. I believe it also has some stretches and positions you can get into to help relieve some of the discomfort.

Sorry you're sick again and on IVs. I was on them once with my son (though could have used them twice) but so far I haven't been sick this pregnancy (knock on wood!). Can I ask why you're having an u/s every week? Just curious! Take care

K

Keepercjr

Tina

I think the last few weeks are difficult for just about every pregnant woman, CF or no CF. You're getting huge, its hard to sleep, harder to breathe, harder to eat, etc.

I agree w/ Nicole - take it easy as much as possible. Let the housework go and ask others (especially your DH) to step in. I can't remember if you work or not but maybe now is the time to take some time off? Pamper yourself - get a massage.

Can you describe what exactly is getting uncomfortable? For me, one of my biggest problems was pain in my pelvis. My chiropractor was my lifesaver, especially at the end when I was seeing him twice a week. If you are experiencing any kind of back or pelvic pain I suggest seeing a chiro asap.

A website you should start looking at now is called www.spinningbabies.com It will help you achieve optimal fetal positioning for labor and delivery. Most people think you just want a baby to be head down - but that is only part of the equation. I believe it also has some stretches and positions you can get into to help relieve some of the discomfort.

Sorry you're sick again and on IVs. I was on them once with my son (though could have used them twice) but so far I haven't been sick this pregnancy (knock on wood!). Can I ask why you're having an u/s every week? Just curious! Take care

K

Keepercjr

Tina

K

Keepercjr

Tina

K

Keepercjr

Tina
<br />
<br />I think the last few weeks are difficult for just about every pregnant woman, CF or no CF. You're getting huge, its hard to sleep, harder to breathe, harder to eat, etc.
<br />
<br />I agree w/ Nicole - take it easy as much as possible. Let the housework go and ask others (especially your DH) to step in. I can't remember if you work or not but maybe now is the time to take some time off? Pamper yourself - get a massage.
<br />
<br />Can you describe what exactly is getting uncomfortable? For me, one of my biggest problems was pain in my pelvis. My chiropractor was my lifesaver, especially at the end when I was seeing him twice a week. If you are experiencing any kind of back or pelvic pain I suggest seeing a chiro asap.
<br />
<br />A website you should start looking at now is called www.spinningbabies.com It will help you achieve optimal fetal positioning for labor and delivery. Most people think you just want a baby to be head down - but that is only part of the equation. I believe it also has some stretches and positions you can get into to help relieve some of the discomfort.
<br />
<br />Sorry you're sick again and on IVs. I was on them once with my son (though could have used them twice) but so far I haven't been sick this pregnancy (knock on wood!). Can I ask why you're having an u/s every week? Just curious! Take care

C

Cariann2005Rob

i just wanted to say hang in there you have done a great job makin it this far!! you are going to be a wonderful mom and you are in inspiration to me! good luck and im sorry you are on IV's again!

C

Cariann2005Rob

i just wanted to say hang in there you have done a great job makin it this far!! you are going to be a wonderful mom and you are in inspiration to me! good luck and im sorry you are on IV's again!

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob