Nebulizers for Travel

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
At home we use a 50 psi compressor for everyday use; however, on the rare occasions we travel or during the weekend at the family lake cottage we use a pari vios or an Philips respironics (sp) that we got from the DME when our last Devilbiss Pulmoaide gave up the ghost. The pari is starting to slow down, is no longer under warranty, so wondering what everyone else uses for travel, portability, not $$$. None of the battery operated appear to meet the durability or psi requirements from what I've seen. Suggestions....?

stephen

Super Moderator
Since using Kalydeco/Symdeko, I usually don't use Hypertonic Saline when traveling. I do however take an eFlow and a few heads that I keep for Saline only, if the need arises.

Before Kalydeco/Symdeko I traveled with a PARI TREK S (and battery pack), using it for Saline and Pulmozyme on trips lasting up to three weeks.

Note: The battery lasted for only a few treatments before needing to be charged. The battery charger however can also power the unit, and this is how it was used most of the time. It works on 100 to 220 VAC - 50/60 Hz, so it can be used almost anywhere. The unit is compact, light, and easy to travel with. It's not a 50 psi compressor so the treatments will probably take longer.

erock77

Hi, I use the Pari Trek S, the battery is a bit pricey so there's an option to just get the compressor. It comes with a car adapter or can plug in the wall.
I read a bunch of reviews last year and this came out best, unfortunately I forget why. Maybe it was the pressure. For longer trips sometimes I just bring my small Respironics 'Innospire Elegance', it's fairly small and powerful.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the responses. I'm a little wary of the pari trek because I'd contacted pari years ago about using it with tobi and was told it wasn't recommended because of lower psi -- and it was rather spendy. The Pari Vios we've been using is a nice size and when I picked it up as a spare it cost me less than $50 out of pocket. I've seen the inspire Elegance at a comparable price and it has a higher psi and believe is rated for continuous use where some of the other models are rated for intermittent use -- even Pari Vios suggests 30 minutes of use at a time, which we've never followed with any of our nebs.