Nebulizers

ambermarie03

<P>Does anyone have any suggestions on which type of nebulizer is the best to use? I have two that I use interchangeably and they are getting tired. I've been checking out these portable nebulizers..they seem pricey (my insurance does not cover medical equip), are they worth the money?</P>

ambermarie03

<P>Does anyone have any suggestions on which type of nebulizer is the best to use? I have two that I use interchangeably and they are getting tired. I've been checking out these portable nebulizers..they seem pricey (my insurance does not cover medical equip), are they worth the money?</P>

ambermarie03

<P><BR>Does anyone have any suggestions on which type of nebulizer is the best to use? I have two that I use interchangeably and they are getting tired. I've been checking out these portable nebulizers..they seem pricey (my insurance does not cover medical equip), are they worth the money?</P>

Incomudrox

What i do is, I have a monkey on a stationary bike, that runs an air pump to run the nebulizer. If I want more air I just have to feed the monkey more. One time I didn't feed the monkey and missed some treatments because he died. I had to get a new monkey. That's probably not much help to you though... Might want to try a different animal like a frog. Yeah that ought to work, a nice green frog. Bugs are a lot cheaper than monkey food. On a serious note, the portable jawnskis are a waste of money from my experience with them. But then again so is the Pari Pro neb ultra... none of them where designed to take the abuse we put them up against. I'm going back to the drawing board with mine.. probably going to get 3 frogs and run them in parallel.

Incomudrox

What i do is, I have a monkey on a stationary bike, that runs an air pump to run the nebulizer. If I want more air I just have to feed the monkey more. One time I didn't feed the monkey and missed some treatments because he died. I had to get a new monkey. That's probably not much help to you though... Might want to try a different animal like a frog. Yeah that ought to work, a nice green frog. Bugs are a lot cheaper than monkey food. On a serious note, the portable jawnskis are a waste of money from my experience with them. But then again so is the Pari Pro neb ultra... none of them where designed to take the abuse we put them up against. I'm going back to the drawing board with mine.. probably going to get 3 frogs and run them in parallel.

Incomudrox

Kristen

I've have the Pari Vios and DeVilbiss Pulmoaide. I think DeVilbiss is better because it is faster. But it's also a bit larger than the Pari.

Kristen

I've have the Pari Vios and DeVilbiss Pulmoaide. I think DeVilbiss is better because it is faster. But it's also a bit larger than the Pari.

Kristen

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We have the same as Kristen above. The Devilbiss is our primary neb and the pari we mainly use when we travel because it's smaller. As for portable ones, you can't use the pari trek with drugs like Tobi. Not sure about pulmonzyme. I've heard good things about the Mobilairre -- you can adust the psi. They're much pricier though.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We have the same as Kristen above. The Devilbiss is our primary neb and the pari we mainly use when we travel because it's smaller. As for portable ones, you can't use the pari trek with drugs like Tobi. Not sure about pulmonzyme. I've heard good things about the Mobilairre -- you can adust the psi. They're much pricier though.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

randmel89

I use Inspiration and Respironics Sidestream nebulizer for all my meds I do pulmo, TOBI, and albuterol. I hope you find one that you like and works for you. I have had this machine for 4 years now and do 4 treatments a day of albuterol and 2 pulmo a day, and 1 TOBI daily. It has been the longest lasting machine I have had and keeps up with all my treatments because I do all of them in a row in the am. Good Luck.

randmel89

I use Inspiration and Respironics Sidestream nebulizer for all my meds I do pulmo, TOBI, and albuterol. I hope you find one that you like and works for you. I have had this machine for 4 years now and do 4 treatments a day of albuterol and 2 pulmo a day, and 1 TOBI daily. It has been the longest lasting machine I have had and keeps up with all my treatments because I do all of them in a row in the am. Good Luck.

randmel89