Need advice. Big time.

Brittani Nicole

I have recently moved to stage three of liver disease after having a fatty liver most of life. I have been pregnant before a little over a year ago and gave birth to healthy baby boy conceived naturally. I had no liver complications during pregnancy and didn't have complications until a year after birth. I know am almost a month late but still getting negative pregnancy tests. Not sure if they are false and have an appointment with my GYN coming up. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this same issue. Also if anyone has any experience being pregnant while in stage three. Thank you and hope to get some advice and help.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear of your liver issues. I can't imagine you are pregnant if a month late and you are having negative tests. The over the counter tests are very accurate. Most likely you didn't ovulate or ovulated very late, but why not call you gp or of and ask them to give you a script for a blood pregnancy test and also to test your progesterone level to see if you ovulated yet.

Brittani Nicole

That's what I plan to do. But I read that liver problems can block hormones. I also tested very early on. I tested a week late and again at two weeks. So I haven't tested recently and felt no need to since I am going to the doctor in less than a week. I haven't had any delay in my period longer than week and have other symptoms that led me to believe pregnancy was an option.

mamaScarlett

I'm sorry to hear you're having liver issues during a stressful situation. No doubt the blood test will accurately reveal whether or not you're pregnant. If you are a full month late, a simple internal ultrasound would also show whether or not there is a pregnancy and sac.
Try not to put the cart before the horse, and get stressed till you know what is happening. In the meantime eat as healthy as you can, do your treatments well, and control what you can control. Remember thousands upon thousands of women with all spectrum of health issues in all stages have delivered healthy babies, thanks to good prenatal care and a good team.