Need Advice Please

JennifersHope

Thank you so much!!!!! I am going to try the Iodine for sure. I also put some hydrocortisone cream over the area not covered currently which helped a lot too.
<br />
<br />What we are going to do for my medications because I am on several IV antibiotics as well as IV fluids several times a day (lots and lots of bags, flushes and needles to draw up meds) since I am going to be on this indefinitely about a year after I stop culturing it ( currently my last culture showed an increase in growth after a month of treatments.. (UGGG)
<br />
<br />So my sweet and loving parents are redoing my office for me and having shelves put in my large closet that will accommodate all of my meds .
<br />
<br />My mom is here staying with me and she went out today and got my very pretty matching cloth bins and we spent the day sorting through everything. Tomorrow the handy man comes to install the stuff!!!
<br />
<br />It is so important to me to not have my house cluttered. I am so OCD about it I can't stand stuff, I am going to leave one basket out on the counter with my days worth of meds in it. Each night I can go into the closet and get my supplies for the next day.
<br />
<br />I live alone and I have the extra room that I use as an office... so hopefully that will help my mental state of not looking at all this crap every day.
<br />
<br />It is the little things that help so much....
<br />
<br />I am also going to ask about trying the IV3000.
<br />
<br />Yesterday was just a rough day...found out bacteria is growing stronger, lungs getting crappy, and my port would not work and I had to go to the ER because they ordered a new IV antibiotic I never have been on so I had to go there to be monitored while it infused because my medicaid won't pay for me to go to the infusion center and well it was Friday afternoon and no doctor could be found.
<br />
<br />Sometimes this can be so overwhelming.....but I have great people taking care of me and they are working with National Jewish to get me the right meds.... I have not even been there yet, (going in Feb)
<br />
<br />Thanks for your tips.... I appreciate it

L

lizlas

<P>Hi</P>
<P>I used to have blisters and itching too from the tegaderm and would sweat under the statlock (holds picc wings in place)</P>
<P>so til the redness and itching , blisters left, they would just wipe the area down with plain saline...</P>
<P>instead of statlock , have nurses hold down wings with just steristrips and then put a small iv 3000 over site, i cut them and have a very small dressing...</P>
<P>first tho til the blisters heal, they used just a piece of gauge taped on to allow air in and i also wud put lil hydrocortosone creme on area for the itching .</P>
<P>yes never use alchol on area, only providine and non aLCHOL swab, chlorhexidine gluconate, (soothing and its not brown.) and there is a skin prep wipe (barrier wipe) that is soothing that can be put on skin before the iv 3000.</P>
<P>yep me too, med supplies   everywhere for years  and its only this last year that i bot bins and underbed bins for storage organization. I couldnt stand it anymore!!!</P>
<P> </P>
<P>rite now im on 4 ivs a day, could be 6 , but i chose to do cipro orally , the most ive done is 7 a day....and 4 is bad enough.... sounds like it might have been good if you could have been hospitalized for a few weeks, then released on home care....</P>
<P>Good luck and hope you start feeling better soon....its very over whelming.!</P>
<P> </P>
<P>(oh just read you have port, not picc)....glad your parents are helping getting you organized.</P>

L

lizlas

<P>Hi</P>
<P>I used to have blisters and itching too from the tegaderm and would sweat under the statlock (holds picc wings in place)</P>
<P>so til the redness and itching , blisters left, they would just wipe the area down with plain saline...</P>
<P>instead of statlock , have nurses hold down wings with just steristrips and then put a small iv 3000 over site, i cut them and have a very small dressing...</P>
<P>first tho til the blisters heal, they used just a piece of gauge taped on to allow air in and i also wud put lil hydrocortosone creme on area for the itching .</P>
<P>yes never use alchol on area, only providine and non aLCHOL swab, chlorhexidine gluconate, (soothing and its not brown.) and there is a skin prep wipe (barrier wipe)that is soothing that can be put on skin before the iv 3000.</P>
<P>yep me too, med supplieseverywhere for years and its only this last year that i bot bins and underbed bins for storage organization. I couldnt stand it anymore!!!</P>
<P></P>
<P>rite now im on 4 ivs a day, could be 6 , but i chose to do cipro orally , the most ive done is 7 a day....and 4 is bad enough.... sounds like it might have been good if you could have been hospitalized for a few weeks, then released on home care....</P>
<P>Good luck and hope you start feeling better soon....its very over whelming.!</P>
<P></P>
<P>(oh just read you have port, not picc)....glad your parents are helping getting you organized.</P>

L

lizlas

<P><BR>Hi</P>
<P>yes never use alchol on area, only providine and non aLCHOL swab, chlorhexidine gluconate, (soothing and its not brown.) and there is a skin prep wipe (barrier wipe)that is soothing that can be put on skin before the iv 3000.</P>
<P>yep me too, med supplieseverywhere for years and its only this last year that i bot bins and underbed bins for storage organization. I couldnt stand it anymore!!!</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>