Need friends as I struggle thru this thing called life

Hannah Poiry

Hi :) My name is Hannah, I'm 17 and I have cf df508. I've always loved to talk to people about all the things that go on with having cf. Going through a bit of a rough patch in life right now, like I'm fighting a battle that I can't win. so I would love to talk to some people that maybe feel the same way.

nmw0615

Hi Hannah, I'm Brittany. I'm double df508. I'd love to talk with you. I went through some tough spots beginning when I was about 17. I can PM you email, if you'd like.

G

Gorf

Hi Hannah, I'm Chuck. I'm double df508. I will privite message you my FB.

MikeInMT

I am Mike, all of us CFers go through rough patches. Its great that you are seeking someone to talk to about your rough time. You have chosen a great place. You can message me anytime and I am more then willing to help ya through the bump in the road. I am 31, and had a transplant just shy of 14 months ago. I have gone through almost everything you are and will go through. But if its female aspect you seek, obviously since I am male, won't be as good of help.
Hope all is well

-M

ladybird

Hi Hannah

I would like to be your friend too. CF is really tough and every CFighter needs all the support they can get. I am 38 and still don't have it all figured out. It is easy to get discouraged, so surround yourself with genuinely supportive people. I no longer work full time and find being at home most of the time depressing, so I just signed up for 2 community college classes and have finally found a new therapist, so I can get out more, but only did so after my social worker prompted me to. When you are sick, depression is never far behind and it is a natural human reaction to isolate oneself when you are sick and depressed. Even though to get better, you need to do the opposite.

Feel free to message me any time.

Hugs,
Ladybird

imported_Momto2

Hey Hannah, you're not alone, we all have tough times, especially in the teen years. I'm ddf508, 43, 2 kids. Would love to chat or answer questions. And CF is not a hopeless battle. You win every day with how you conduct your life against the odds. :D Thats my thinking now, but as a teen, I did have some suicidal thoughts and severe depression, so I have an idea of the dark side of CF too. I found counciling helpful. Even now as an adult, I still like to see someone during rough stretches to stay grounded and positive. I know can be very hard some days, but remember that there are a lot of other people pulling for you to succeed. Including everyone on this board (L)