Netflix!!!!! Must see

• Thread starter Natasha Grandall
  • Start date
N

Natasha Grandall

Hey guys! I have very good news! I'm happy to share with you a documentary that I watched last night. My sister in-law informed me that there was a movie on Netflix called 65_redroses. It's about a girl suffering from CF, JUST LIKE US!!! I was excited and watched it. I have to say a little sad at some points but it's something a lot of us on here can relate to! Please Please Please if you have the time watch this movie. Look it up at least. If you don't have Netflix, I ORDER YOU TO DOWNLOAD THE MOVIE. This, for me, is a must watch documentary. I'd thought I would share it with everyone because I was touched and very inspired by this movie. I hope you all watch it. CFers or Not Please watch!

azdesertrat

I saw the movie today. I think it's a must-see for any of us suffering with CF.
Thank you for letting me know about it. May God bless all of us suffering with this horrible disease. T
here are plenty of days I just get fed up with it; right up to my eyebrows.
Just this week, CF caused me to cancel a much anticipated trip to see my Mom & more family in ID.
I'm still so pissed off & disappointed I can't express it in words.
Just one of many fun or good things in my life that have been wrecked by having CF.

iefisherman

The whole online interaction was interesting to me. I was very active on this site starting going back almost 9 years ago as "icefisherman". One by one people i talked to and related to passed away, or faded away. Those people like little debbie, jazzysmom, thelizardqueen, Blake, Allie(lost her husband Ry to cf), and many others helped me a lot. Even more than I knew at the time. we were a group of live life on our own terms people (well not really jazzysmom, but she was always in chat and loved to talk :)) Things change, people change, life changes. I'm glad I had this site back then or I probably wouldn't be where I'm at now.

edit: 8 years ago i guess looking at my old posts

bloggymom

Iefisherman, I got to know Jazzymom, too. Miss her badly!! Miss those night chats. Virtual parties (especially around the holiday), laughing, talking about important stuff and silly stuff.

I just watched this on Netflix the other night... haven't cried that hard in a very long time. I started to follow her blog shortly before she died.

Pat, sorry you had to miss family time due CF. Been there, done that... way too many time to count. It never gets easier. Hugs to you!!

CyrilCrodius

Why is it a must see? Assuming I have no interest in watching on screen what I go through every day or what awaits me if I ever need a transplant?

S

sk8ergirl1411

CyrilCrodius it's a really inspiring movie because she was an inspirational person. I do not have CF my boyfriend does, so It really helped me see what things he might go through. For someone like me it was really helpful. I guess it all depends on your personality.

N

Natasha Grandall

It's must see because it's cool to know that other people out there have cf and go threw it too. It lets you know what to expect and whats coming up in life. If you had a negative comment you shouldn't have said anything. Theres other people on here than CFers. What if they wanted to watch it and find out what we go threw. What if the person on the movie has it more severe than you? And you wanted to find out how her life is. And how people support her, and how she deals with stuff. Please do't post negative comments!!!

CyrilCrodius

If you had a negative comment you shouldn't have said anything. Theres other people on here than CFers. What if they wanted to watch it and find out what we go threw. What if the person on the movie has it more severe than you? And you wanted to find out how her life is. And how people support her, and how she deals with stuff. Please do't post negative comments!!!

What the hell.

You might have trouble reading. My post was a question, not a comment. It even was a very legitimate question at that, basically asking you if there was anything else in this movie besides what I expected to be a depiction of what we all go through with CF. Not sorry if you can't see that.

See, your description of this movie actually tells me that it's a "must not see" for me. If I were to have taken your word for it without asking you why you think it's a must see, I would have watched the movie and been emotionally worse off for it because watching on screen more of what I go through and will go through is something that does NOT help me. So it's a very good thing that I asked first. Now I KNOW not to watch it. As sk8ergirl1411 said, different personalities.

If you don't want to read negative comments, or evil questions that challenge YOUR view of things, I suggest you get off the Internet.

kmhbeauty

You should post the movie to your facebook. I think movies about CF should be seen by the general public because most do not know what we go through and that drives me nuts. I hate it when people see that I look normal but I need to take precautions with this disease. When someone says "breast cancer" everyone knows a bit what the person is going through. When someone says "cystic fibrosis" not that many people know. For me personally, seeing someone struggle that is worse off then me, brings my moral down. I try to stay focused with this disease that I am the boss and it will not control me. Im very tough minded, show no weakness, and I think having this mentality helps me with the cf.

iefisherman

Why is it a must see? Assuming I have no interest in watching on screen what I go through every day or what awaits me if I ever need a transplant?
To answer your question, there is honesty in it. Honesty that doctors can't give and friends and family can't give. When i say honesty i don't mean in words, it's in the fact that this girl put her life out there for everyone to see, and to help a few. It's not for everyone, and thats fine. But if you get to the point where you want to know what happens or whats ahead its a great movie. No matter how far along we are with this disease there is always more barriers to cross. So if its not for you, I totally understand but if you ever find yourself in that spot, it may be as it was for me....very comforting in an odd way.

It's encouraging and sad and scary and hopeful all at the same time. It is always hard for me to watch CF documentaries as part of me doesn't want to see what's coming. I am glad I watched it as I'm often wondering more about the decision of lung transplant should we need to come to that at some part. It was also good to see such an amazing young woman and I feel better for it. I wouldn't say it's a must-see, I'd say it was good for me to see it. If I was in a similar situation or my son was further along in this disease I may not want to see it, I don't know and can't make that call.

S

sk8ergirl1411

CyrilCrodius your first comment came off as very negative, I realize now you didn't mean it that way, perhaps next time you should be careful with how you word things. I realize that you were just making a point but your second comment was also very negative, degrading and not needed. This website should be a safe haven, a type of extended family if you will. We are all just looking for a little support in an area of our lives that is rather painful and hard to bear alone. Yes, dealing with foul people, opposing opinions and downright rudeness is a necessity of life, however we don't need it here. The world is cruel enough, we don't need to be also.

Natasha was simply sharing something that she thought was interesting in the hopes that someone else might find it interesting. If you questioned the content or if you yourself might like to watch it then you could have easily opened up another web browser and did a little research on it. That would have been a whole lot more time effective and saved us this whole conversation. Like I said before, it's ok that you have a different personality and might not find this movie interesting, but perhaps you could say so in a way that doesn't come across as negative or condescending.