New Hill Rom Mobile Vesting System

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a post on Facebook last night of someone trying out the Monarch vest. Indicated it cost about $19,000, was only for adults (age 15) and that this individual's clinic actually recommended this one as opposed to the afflo (sp), which they felt didn't give a good enough work out. I figure we'll just keep an eye on this. We keep thinking when DS gets older it'd be nice to take a trip overseas and one of my concerns is hauling around his current vesting system as well as possibly extra transformers/converters to deal with the electrical needs for vests and nebs.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone tried the Monarch Vest yet? I've seen a few online posts and people have indicated they feel they get a better workout. DS asked his doctor about it earlier this summer, so we asked them to start the process. Just got a call from Hill Rom asking questions about his health. Fingers crossed regarding prior approval process.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking into this too. I wonder what the warrantee is? I forgot to ask.

Unlike The 105 Vest, doesn't have a lifetime warranty. Think the Hill Rom person said 5 year and then less for accessory items (battery?). It's apparently tied into your phone or Wi-Fi, so your doctor can track treatments if they want.