New Orleans Adult CF Center

leothelioness34

I just recently moved to Ocean Springs, Mississippi and the closest CF center in to me is the one in New Orleans. Can anyone tell me about this center? What's the doctor like? What in patient is like also? What are the nurses like in the hospital and in clinic? If anyone could let me know anything about that center that would be so nice. Also is there anyone on here who lives in or near Ocean Springs, Mississippi?
I'm new to this site so I hope I did this write.

jaimers

Super Moderator
I don't live in your area so can't help you from a personal experience standpoint but I did a search for New Orleans and here are a few threads where people mentioned the clinic there. Seems the clinic is at Tulane and people are generally happy with their care. From skimming some of the threads it looks like people in your neck of the woods also travel to Vanderbilt in Tenneessee and various hospitals in Texas and receive good care. Those would probably mean traveling much farther for appointments and such but sometimes it can be worth it for the best care. Also have you been a member before under the same username leothelioness31? If so, welcome back :)

http://forum.cysticfibrosis.com/thr...-LA-Considering-Relocating!?highlight=Orleans

http://forum.cysticfibrosis.com/thr...find-better-Adult-CF-Center?highlight=Orleans

http://forum.cysticfibrosis.com/thr...g-evaluation-for-transplant?highlight=Orleans

leothelioness34

Thank you those links helped me some. I did have a account on here a while ago but I honestly don't remember the name but I didn't really get on here enough to figure it out but I've had the time to really look around and I really like this site. I think it's awesome we can help each other out. It seems to me this is like a support group online which we need to help each other out as much as we can because we understand what we're going through.

I live in lafayette la and I have been thinking about going to cf clinic in n.o. but I am not sure if its nice and I dont know anything about it. Also I have been looking for people to talk to that have cf. Let me know if you know anything. Thanks

leothelioness34

I've been to see the doctor in New Orleans at Tulane and I really liked him a lot. He does things different than what I'm used to but he listens to you where the doctors I had at my last center most of them had their mind made up before they even saw you so it really didn't matter what you had to say. I would suggest that you give him a try so far I really like him. He's very thorough and I like that. If you would like to chat you can send me a private message.

scanboyd

I live south of Jackson and go Adult CF clinic at UMC located in Jackson. They have a great group of personnel there. The Dr. and Nurse Pracitioner are very thorough.

Kirio

I don't have experience with Tulane, but we go to the CF clinic in Jackson and the care is fantastic. The drive from Ocean Springs to Jackson is a pretty easy three-hour trip.

leothelioness34

Thank you for the information about Jackson Kirio, however New Orleans takes us only an hour and a half to get there which is a lot closer than Jackson is. That's why I picked the New Orleans location but I'll keep that in mind if I have problems. It's always good to have a backup plan in case something happens.