New To Asthma

RiverRat

Hello,

We have a 19 month old son who has CF he was diagnosed at birth. His doctor is now thinking he also has Asthma. I have heard this is very common in kids with CF. Does any one have any advice or resources about kids with both CF and Asthma?

Thanks for your help!
Heidi

RiverRat

Hello,

We have a 19 month old son who has CF he was diagnosed at birth. His doctor is now thinking he also has Asthma. I have heard this is very common in kids with CF. Does any one have any advice or resources about kids with both CF and Asthma?

Thanks for your help!
Heidi

RiverRat

Hello,

Thanks for your help!
Heidi

RiverRat

Hello,

Thanks for your help!
Heidi

RiverRat

Hello,
<br />
<br />We have a 19 month old son who has CF he was diagnosed at birth. His doctor is now thinking he also has Asthma. I have heard this is very common in kids with CF. Does any one have any advice or resources about kids with both CF and Asthma?
<br />
<br />Thanks for your help!
<br />Heidi

Beccamom

My daughter is in the middle of CF testing but both of my girls are diagnosed with asthma. I was told the reason our pulmonologist thinks asthma cannot account for my older daughter's symptoms is that her PFT scores do not improve after albuterol, so she does not have a restrictive lung disease. We have been doing PFTs since my daughter was 6. We are currently in the hospital for respiratory and I saw a poster about babies and toddlers doing the PFT test. Again we never did this until my girls were old enough to follow the directions, but the poster says that the babies are sedated for this and the picture looks looks like the child is in a clear plastic bubble during the test with the mom right next to the child. If you do this type of PFT test for CF then maybe the numbers show a restrictive component. I don't know if the baby/toddler version can be done before and after albuterol. Best wishes.

Beccamom

My daughter is in the middle of CF testing but both of my girls are diagnosed with asthma. I was told the reason our pulmonologist thinks asthma cannot account for my older daughter's symptoms is that her PFT scores do not improve after albuterol, so she does not have a restrictive lung disease. We have been doing PFTs since my daughter was 6. We are currently in the hospital for respiratory and I saw a poster about babies and toddlers doing the PFT test. Again we never did this until my girls were old enough to follow the directions, but the poster says that the babies are sedated for this and the picture looks looks like the child is in a clear plastic bubble during the test with the mom right next to the child. If you do this type of PFT test for CF then maybe the numbers show a restrictive component. I don't know if the baby/toddler version can be done before and after albuterol. Best wishes.

Beccamom