newborns and "back to sleep"

amber682

So I know you're supposed to put babies to sleep onn their backs now, except in some cases (like with GERD and certain upper airway malformations) where the side is better.

Has anyone had their doctor tell them to put their baby to sleep on its side simply because of having CF? Or if your CF baby had reflux, did they have you lay it on its side?

I'm going to ask but am just wondering

amber682

So I know you're supposed to put babies to sleep onn their backs now, except in some cases (like with GERD and certain upper airway malformations) where the side is better.

Has anyone had their doctor tell them to put their baby to sleep on its side simply because of having CF? Or if your CF baby had reflux, did they have you lay it on its side?

amber682

amber682

amber682

<br />
<br />Has anyone had their doctor tell them to put their baby to sleep on its side simply because of having CF? Or if your CF baby had reflux, did they have you lay it on its side?
<br />
<br />I'm going to ask but am just wondering

BabyBeauty

newborns and "back to sleep

My daughter has GERD and they just asked us to elevate her at night. We had a triangle that we placed in her crib. As far as on the side, no, our dr did not tell us that.

BabyBeauty

My daughter has GERD and they just asked us to elevate her at night. We had a triangle that we placed in her crib. As far as on the side, no, our dr did not tell us that.

BabyBeauty

BabyBeauty

BabyBeauty

A

Andrea

This is bad bad bad but Benjmain would not sleep unless he was on his belly. We tried everything... the little babyincline pillow, I would prop him on his side, for the first few weeks he slept upright on top of me while (I slept in a sitting up position.), We tried his car seat carrier, the baby swing (He barely slept). One afternoon I put him on his belly in his crib and he fell fast asleep. I spent many nights awake watching him sleep to make sure he was ok but once he started to roll over I would put him in his crib on his back and then he would flip himself over to his belly. He is 9 and 1/2 months old now and that is still the only way he will sleep. (The pediatrician always told us they do not recommend any other sleep position except for the back)

A

Andrea

This is bad bad bad but Benjmain would not sleep unless he was on his belly. We tried everything... the little babyincline pillow, I would prop him on his side, for the first few weeks he slept upright on top of me while (I slept in a sitting up position.), We tried his car seat carrier, the baby swing (He barely slept). One afternoon I put him on his belly in his crib and he fell fast asleep. I spent many nights awake watching him sleep to make sure he was ok but once he started to roll over I would put him in his crib on his back and then he would flip himself over to his belly. He is 9 and 1/2 months old now and that is still the only way he will sleep. (The pediatrician always told us they do not recommend any other sleep position except for the back)

A

Andrea

A

Andrea

A

Andrea

Sheridan

Jordan was the exact same a tummy sleeper after 2 weeks he would not go to sleep at all on his back, cry and cry and cry all night long, lay him on his belly and he would sleep away.

aidan on the other hand, had no problems on his belly and even now at 17 months he sleeps on his back, although he does tilt to the side a little more now.

Sheridan

Jordan was the exact same a tummy sleeper after 2 weeks he would not go to sleep at all on his back, cry and cry and cry all night long, lay him on his belly and he would sleep away.

aidan on the other hand, had no problems on his belly and even now at 17 months he sleeps on his back, although he does tilt to the side a little more now.

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan

<br />
<br />aidan on the other hand, had no problems on his belly and even now at 17 months he sleeps on his back, although he does tilt to the side a little more now.