Night sweats [updated 5/3/08]

NoExcuses

So, I'm always full of comments but I'm hoping you guys will give me a piece of your mind on this one.

I have had nightly night sweats for the past 3 months. Sometimes I just wake up and it's a little bit of sweat and rarely it's so much that I have to change my clothes because I'm so drenched.

Here's why I'm puzzled:

-I'm not on IV's (my typical culprit for night sweats) - haven't been since October 2007

-Temperature shouldn't be an issue - I've tried sleeping with more clothes, less clothes, heater on, heater off, blah blah. So I'm not 100% convinced it's environment

-Had an OGTT last July and it came back normal. For those that have CFRD, is this a sign of CFRD that you experienced around diagnosis?

-I almost always eat right before bed because... I dunno, I'm always hungry at that time. But maybe still I'm getting hypoglycemic at night? I sometimes get hypo during the day, maybe once every two weeks, because I go too long without eating

-No temperature (I've measured so many nights and days to make sure I'm not missing a low-grade fever). Energy is great. Exercise is 45 minutes of cardio 3x a week and 30 minutes of weights 3x a week. FEV1 at 95% in December 2007

-Sputum culture - MDRPA, and like 3 other strains of PA. that's about it

-I'm satting well - but those who need O2, was night sweats something that you experienced? During the day, at rest, I'm 98-97%. While doing vigorous exercise on my elliptical for 45 minutes I'm 98-96% O2 sat.

-Never been tested for sleep apnea....could that be it? I'm not really familiar with the condition.... just trying to think of everything that it could possibly be

-I don't have other medical conditions other than CF (and allergies).

-I haven't changed any meds since they put me on Vitamin K in June 2007. Everything else is exactly the same (no switches from generic)

Anyway, now you know my entire medical history. But I would be incredibly grateful for any thoughts .... I have to figure something is up cuz this isn't normal.

NoExcuses

So, I'm always full of comments but I'm hoping you guys will give me a piece of your mind on this one.

I have had nightly night sweats for the past 3 months. Sometimes I just wake up and it's a little bit of sweat and rarely it's so much that I have to change my clothes because I'm so drenched.

Here's why I'm puzzled:

-I'm not on IV's (my typical culprit for night sweats) - haven't been since October 2007

-Temperature shouldn't be an issue - I've tried sleeping with more clothes, less clothes, heater on, heater off, blah blah. So I'm not 100% convinced it's environment

-Had an OGTT last July and it came back normal. For those that have CFRD, is this a sign of CFRD that you experienced around diagnosis?

-I almost always eat right before bed because... I dunno, I'm always hungry at that time. But maybe still I'm getting hypoglycemic at night? I sometimes get hypo during the day, maybe once every two weeks, because I go too long without eating

-No temperature (I've measured so many nights and days to make sure I'm not missing a low-grade fever). Energy is great. Exercise is 45 minutes of cardio 3x a week and 30 minutes of weights 3x a week. FEV1 at 95% in December 2007

-I'm satting well - but those who need O2, was night sweats something that you experienced? During the day, at rest, I'm 98-97%. While doing vigorous exercise on my elliptical for 45 minutes I'm 98-96% O2 sat.

-Never been tested for sleep apnea....could that be it? I'm not really familiar with the condition.... just trying to think of everything that it could possibly be

-I haven't changed any meds since they put me on Vitamin K in June 2007. Everything else is exactly the same (no switches from generic)

Anyway, now you know my entire medical history. But I would be incredibly grateful for any thoughts .... I have to figure something is up cuz this isn't normal.

NoExcuses

Here's why I'm puzzled:

NoExcuses

Here's why I'm puzzled:

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />I have had nightly night sweats for the past 3 months. Sometimes I just wake up and it's a little bit of sweat and rarely it's so much that I have to change my clothes because I'm so drenched.
<br />
<br />Here's why I'm puzzled:
<br />
<br />-I'm not on IV's (my typical culprit for night sweats) - haven't been since October 2007
<br />
<br />-Temperature shouldn't be an issue - I've tried sleeping with more clothes, less clothes, heater on, heater off, blah blah. So I'm not 100% convinced it's environment
<br />
<br />-Had an OGTT last July and it came back normal. For those that have CFRD, is this a sign of CFRD that you experienced around diagnosis?
<br />
<br />-I almost always eat right before bed because... I dunno, I'm always hungry at that time. But maybe still I'm getting hypoglycemic at night? I sometimes get hypo during the day, maybe once every two weeks, because I go too long without eating
<br />
<br />-No temperature (I've measured so many nights and days to make sure I'm not missing a low-grade fever). Energy is great. Exercise is 45 minutes of cardio 3x a week and 30 minutes of weights 3x a week. FEV1 at 95% in December 2007
<br />
<br />-Sputum culture - MDRPA, and like 3 other strains of PA. that's about it
<br />
<br />-I'm satting well - but those who need O2, was night sweats something that you experienced? During the day, at rest, I'm 98-97%. While doing vigorous exercise on my elliptical for 45 minutes I'm 98-96% O2 sat.
<br />
<br />-Never been tested for sleep apnea....could that be it? I'm not really familiar with the condition.... just trying to think of everything that it could possibly be
<br />
<br />-I don't have other medical conditions other than CF (and allergies).
<br />
<br />-I haven't changed any meds since they put me on Vitamin K in June 2007. Everything else is exactly the same (no switches from generic)
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Anyway, now you know my entire medical history. But I would be incredibly grateful for any thoughts .... I have to figure something is up cuz this isn't normal.
<br />
<br />

minimedic304

Night sweats

I ALSO GET NIGHT SWEATS, I DONT KNOW WHY. I THOUGHT ITS BECAUSE I DO NIGHT FEEDINGS AND MY BODY WAS WORKING HARD TO DIGEST THE FOOD AT NIIGHT. THE ONLY SOLUTION I HAVE FOUND WAS HAVING MY CEILING FAN ON LOW EVERY NIGHT. I SOMETIMES WAKE UP IN THE MORNING SWEATING BUT IT NEVER GETS SO BAD I HAVE TO CHANGE MY CLOTHES.

minimedic304

Night sweats

I ALSO GET NIGHT SWEATS, I DONT KNOW WHY. I THOUGHT ITS BECAUSE I DO NIGHT FEEDINGS AND MY BODY WAS WORKING HARD TO DIGEST THE FOOD AT NIIGHT. THE ONLY SOLUTION I HAVE FOUND WAS HAVING MY CEILING FAN ON LOW EVERY NIGHT. I SOMETIMES WAKE UP IN THE MORNING SWEATING BUT IT NEVER GETS SO BAD I HAVE TO CHANGE MY CLOTHES.

minimedic304

Night sweats

minimedic304

Night sweats

minimedic304

Night sweats

blondelawyer

Night sweats

I have "night sweats" on my list of things to talk to my sleep doctor about during my next visit with him. I am scheduled to see him next week I think, so I can ask him then and I will let you know if I find anything out (I obviously don't have CF, but maybe his explanation to me will help you!).

blondelawyer

Night sweats

I have "night sweats" on my list of things to talk to my sleep doctor about during my next visit with him. I am scheduled to see him next week I think, so I can ask him then and I will let you know if I find anything out (I obviously don't have CF, but maybe his explanation to me will help you!).

blondelawyer

Night sweats

blondelawyer

Night sweats

blondelawyer

Night sweats

<br />
<br />