No more anonymous posting

NoDayButToday

I noticed today that no anonymous people have posted since I got home from school... and that a few new member have popped up. Is anonymous posting gone? I was a supporter of that for awhile, I was just curious if it has been changed.

shamrock

Yip it seems to be gone. When I treied to reply, it automatically asked for my username and password. Interesting...............

JazzysMom

I definitely noticed an increase in new user names, but didnt notice the lack of anonymous. Thanks for pointing in out because I was getting nervous about the next "dispute" with all these new & unknown people. I guess I am just paranoid. I never use to be like that!

administrator

We are running a test case study to see how the board does. Sometimes the feature will be enabled, other times it won't be. Some people are in favor of it, others are not, this is just something where we can't please everyone.

anonymous

I'm in favor of keeping anonymous posting available because I think people who wouldn't normally participate or say what they are really thinking will without this feature.

Purplelungs

I think its a good idea. Some can still have several usernames and no one will know who they are...just by the username.

C

christyisnutz

I agree Amanda. Even though, I think people should attach their name to any post that they believe in, people can still get a different username everytime if they wanted to remain anonymous. I for one, wouldn't use the feature, but there are many out there who, for one reason or another, don't want their name associated with the post, and they will get around it some way, so why not just keep the anonymous feature.
Christy