No more PA

Havoc

I just came back from my latest clinic visit. I no longer culture PA, this was confirmed by BAL on the 14th of April. How I got rid of it, I don't know. I do culture aspergillus and we are going to begin treating with voriconazole.

Havoc

I just came back from my latest clinic visit. I no longer culture PA, this was confirmed by BAL on the 14th of April. How I got rid of it, I don't know. I do culture aspergillus and we are going to begin treating with voriconazole.

Havoc

Thank you. Kinda kills the theory that once you are colonized it's always there. I just wish I knew what it was that managed to get rid of it. I don't do Tobi, but I have done some pretty hefty rounds of IV tobramycin.

Havoc

Thank you. Kinda kills the theory that once you are colonized it's always there. I just wish I knew what it was that managed to get rid of it. I don't do Tobi, but I have done some pretty hefty rounds of IV tobramycin.

nocode

Isn't Pseudomonas one of the main causes of mucus in the lungs? I would think that No Pseudomonas = very little mucus = feeling better.

Please enlighten me.

nocode

Isn't Pseudomonas one of the main causes of mucus in the lungs? I would think that No Pseudomonas = very little mucus = feeling better.

Please enlighten me.

CyrilCrodius

No, the cause of mucus in the lungs is the defective CFTR proteins.
I would think that the same... or close to the same amount of mucus would be produced, with the exception that it is not infected.
I wouldn't know though, I had PA my whole life.

CyrilCrodius

No, the cause of mucus in the lungs is the defective CFTR proteins.
I would think that the same... or close to the same amount of mucus would be produced, with the exception that it is not infected.
I wouldn't know though, I had PA my whole life.