"Normal" for CF kids

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
DS loves pretend play. This morning while wrapping up some work stuff he came in and showed me "Caterpillar's medicine he got from Walgreen's so he doesn't cough when he runs." He had taken a toy, stuck it in an envelop and is stabling a "label" on the outside with various Caterpillaresque prescription names.
He. Melts. My. Heart. Every. Single. Day.

Imogene

Administrator
How adorable! I love to read this! He is imitating and yet so creative...can't help but think he is an inventor...he'll be discovering new cures for the many thousands of under served diseases after CF of course!
Salt and Light,
Imogene

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Thanks Jeanne! His "best med" invention has to go to the medicine for "Momma Butterfly's" mouth so she can scream to scare away the birds who are trying to eat her baby caterpillars, but it makes it so her voice won't be too loud and wake up the babies too. (He has a stuff caterpillar and butterfly).

nmw0615

"Normal" for CF kids

I nanny two boys and they've been around me and my CF for their entire lives. They're very educated on the lungs and everything CF related.

On one of our weekly trips to story time at the library when the oldest was about to turn 4, the woman leading the story had all the kids sing and "hold the note." When they were done, the woman said "Wow, you guys held that note a long time. You must have a lot of air in your tummies." I immediately saw all the respect the oldest had for this woman drain from his face. His hand went up and he said, "Excuse me. Air goes in your *lungs,* not your tummy." She nodded and said he was right.

If you ask the oldest wants to be when he grows up, he says an doctor astronaut, so he can "fix me."