not really about pregancy, but about depo shot i really need answers!

whitney91

Okay so I'm 17 and i was put on the depo shot over a year ago and just recently, in jan i started to gush blood. It's happened 3 times, saucer size blood clots and large puddles of blood.While I was in the hospital they told me that I was very anemic and doubled my iron. I went to my gyn yesterday and she did a ultrasound and she called back today telling me that my uterus is full of blood and that shes never seen anything like this before. She took me off of the depo and wants to try the nuva-ring, But told me that the hormones from depo could stay in my system for up to a year. I'm worried. shes calling my CF doc but i havent heard anything, I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else.
Thanks

whitney91

Okay so I'm 17 and i was put on the depo shot over a year ago and just recently, in jan i started to gush blood. It's happened 3 times, saucer size blood clots and large puddles of blood.While I was in the hospital they told me that I was very anemic and doubled my iron. I went to my gyn yesterday and she did a ultrasound and she called back today telling me that my uterus is full of blood and that shes never seen anything like this before. She took me off of the depo and wants to try the nuva-ring, But told me that the hormones from depo could stay in my system for up to a year. I'm worried. shes calling my CF doc but i havent heard anything, I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else.
Thanks

whitney91

Thanks

whitney91

Thanks

whitney91

<br />Thanks

K

Keepercjr

My suggestion is for you to actually post this on the main board and see if anyone has had anything similar happen. There are a lot of women on there who have used birth control so you're going to get a few more answers than you will here on the pregnancy sub forum.

Doesn't sound CF related though... hope you can find some answers soon

K

Keepercjr

My suggestion is for you to actually post this on the main board and see if anyone has had anything similar happen. There are a lot of women on there who have used birth control so you're going to get a few more answers than you will here on the pregnancy sub forum.

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

<br />
<br />Doesn't sound CF related though... hope you can find some answers soon

Momtana

Whitney, I work in a family planning clinic. I haven't heard of this happening from depo provera. I hope you are able to get some answers. Depo isn't a great choice for women with CF for very long because it can reduce bone density, which can also be a problem for us. Please let me know what happens.

Momtana

Whitney, I work in a family planning clinic. I haven't heard of this happening from depo provera. I hope you are able to get some answers. Depo isn't a great choice for women with CF for very long because it can reduce bone density, which can also be a problem for us. Please let me know what happens.

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana

Scarlett81

i was on depo for over year. i bled nonstop, and basically didn't have a real period bc there was never a day when i didn't bleed. i had many clots-none as big as the ones u are describing, and i never 'gushed' blood.
i was anemic too and always tired. i told my then obgyn about my concerns of the bleeding and they said they only considered heavy bleeding to be soaking more than one pad an hour. but i didn't feel it was healthy to be bleeding this much. finally my other docs and i pinpointed my fatigue to the depo-as well as severe mood swings and really bad depression.
i dc'd it and moved to the nuvaring. they told me the same thing, that it could take up to a year for the depo to be out of my system, but i have to say i was having a normal cycle and feeling better within 2 months. i stopped the heavy bleeding after 1 month.
i also went to a naturopath who gave me hormone balancing herbal treatments and suggested natural supplements. i feel that this greatly helped me as well, as well as helping me to conceive.
not sure if this helps, but just wanted to share my somewhat similar experience with the evil depo shot.

Scarlett81

i was on depo for over year. i bled nonstop, and basically didn't have a real period bc there was never a day when i didn't bleed. i had many clots-none as big as the ones u are describing, and i never 'gushed' blood.
i was anemic too and always tired. i told my then obgyn about my concerns of the bleeding and they said they only considered heavy bleeding to be soaking more than one pad an hour. but i didn't feel it was healthy to be bleeding this much. finally my other docs and i pinpointed my fatigue to the depo-as well as severe mood swings and really bad depression.
i dc'd it and moved to the nuvaring. they told me the same thing, that it could take up to a year for the depo to be out of my system, but i have to say i was having a normal cycle and feeling better within 2 months. i stopped the heavy bleeding after 1 month.
i also went to a naturopath who gave me hormone balancing herbal treatments and suggested natural supplements. i feel that this greatly helped me as well, as well as helping me to conceive.
not sure if this helps, but just wanted to share my somewhat similar experience with the evil depo shot.

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

Scarlett81

<br />i was anemic too and always tired. i told my then obgyn about my concerns of the bleeding and they said they only considered heavy bleeding to be soaking more than one pad an hour. but i didn't feel it was healthy to be bleeding this much. finally my other docs and i pinpointed my fatigue to the depo-as well as severe mood swings and really bad depression.
<br />i dc'd it and moved to the nuvaring. they told me the same thing, that it could take up to a year for the depo to be out of my system, but i have to say i was having a normal cycle and feeling better within 2 months. i stopped the heavy bleeding after 1 month.
<br />i also went to a naturopath who gave me hormone balancing herbal treatments and suggested natural supplements. i feel that this greatly helped me as well, as well as helping me to conceive.
<br />not sure if this helps, but just wanted to share my somewhat similar experience with the evil depo shot.