not really about pregancy, but about depo shot i really need answers!

im 18 and i recently got off depo. i liked it all except for the acne. it also made me depressed and i had terrible mood swings. i was actually mean. but i never had a period while i took the shot. last month i got switched to ortho-tricylclen. i like it so far. i just started my period jan. 2...the first one i had in over a year. does anyone think its bad if you dont have a period? i was just thinking can it really be healthy???

im 18 and i recently got off depo. i liked it all except for the acne. it also made me depressed and i had terrible mood swings. i was actually mean. but i never had a period while i took the shot. last month i got switched to ortho-tricylclen. i like it so far. i just started my period jan. 2...the first one i had in over a year. does anyone think its bad if you dont have a period? i was just thinking can it really be healthy???

GiannaOrr

Women with cystic fibrosis do face irregular or menstrual cycle problem which affect them to become pregnant. They often have thick cervical mucus due to the CF problem which prevents them from becoming pregnant naturally. But as you can read at meducation such problem has now overcome by the treatment like intrauterine insemination (IUI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) and women can have healthy baby without any trouble.

I just went off last September and had not had a period in ALL of those years. I would actually forget women get periods! It was sooooo nice! I loved Depo and I would not worry about it as the doctor told me that it was okay. I thought about it a couple times during all those years but really did not give it any more thought as the doctor told me it was normal and fine. It is not because of the depo. I also never had any side effects other than not having a period, but I know everyone is different. I absolutely loved it.

Last edited: