?? not seen yet

summer732

Well my experience with BC post-transplant has not been fun. I tried the nuva ring and then YAZ and it turns out increase of Hormones must be reacting with something else I'm on. I know other people who are post-tx and have no problem being on the pill. But my experience was pretty horrifying. The amount of bleeding that happened during sex was actually disturbing. I then went for a pap and bleed so much during that it was scary. Once i stopped the nuva ring, the bleeding during sex stopped. So i tried the Yaz. Same thing...then once I stopped it, that didn't happen again. Sooooo that's out for me.

just to beware that that could happen....

summer732

Well my experience with BC post-transplant has not been fun. I tried the nuva ring and then YAZ and it turns out increase of Hormones must be reacting with something else I'm on. I know other people who are post-tx and have no problem being on the pill. But my experience was pretty horrifying. The amount of bleeding that happened during sex was actually disturbing. I then went for a pap and bleed so much during that it was scary. Once i stopped the nuva ring, the bleeding during sex stopped. So i tried the Yaz. Same thing...then once I stopped it, that didn't happen again. Sooooo that's out for me.

summer732

summer732

summer732

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Liza</b></i>

Hi, We addressed the BC issue at clinic just this past week. When it was brought up pre-tx they said to wait until after, not wanting to introduce something new at the time of waiting for tx. Last week at Anna's 6 mo. appt. they said, no problem, what kind do you want? Heck if we knew, just wanted to know if it was OK to go on them.</end quote></div>

This concerns me just a bit. So are they assuming that sex isnt happening or the patient would use condoms, etc? I would think pregnancy at pre tx of CF is discouraged & although it seems obvious....it doesnt mean it cant/wont happen.

I understand the hormonal issue & potential risks of interaction etc, but there are other types of birth control.

I use a non hormonal IUD.

Thanks for the feedback!

JazzysMom

Hi, We addressed the BC issue at clinic just this past week. When it was brought up pre-tx they said to wait until after, not wanting to introduce something new at the time of waiting for tx. Last week at Anna's 6 mo. appt. they said, no problem, what kind do you want? Heck if we knew, just wanted to know if it was OK to go on them.</end quote></div>

This concerns me just a bit. So are they assuming that sex isnt happening or the patient would use condoms, etc? I would think pregnancy at pre tx of CF is discouraged & although it seems obvious....it doesnt mean it cant/wont happen.

I understand the hormonal issue & potential risks of interaction etc, but there are other types of birth control.

Thanks for the feedback!

JazzysMom

Thanks for the feedback!

JazzysMom

Hi, We addressed the BC issue at clinic just this past week. When it was brought up pre-tx they said to wait until after, not wanting to introduce something new at the time of waiting for tx. Last week at Anna's 6 mo. appt. they said, no problem, what kind do you want? Heck if we knew, just wanted to know if it was OK to go on them.</end quote>

Thanks for the feedback!

JazzysMom

Hi, We addressed the BC issue at clinic just this past week. When it was brought up pre-tx they said to wait until after, not wanting to introduce something new at the time of waiting for tx. Last week at Anna's 6 mo. appt. they said, no problem, what kind do you want? Heck if we knew, just wanted to know if it was OK to go on them.</end quote>

Thanks for the feedback!