o2 levels during excercise

anonymous

Hi!

How many of you use an o2 monitor during excercise? I'm curious how to get one. I'm also curious how your o2 fluctuates with excercise? Like, what's your baseline and then what does it drop to during excercise?

Sonia

anonymous

Hi!

How many of you use an o2 monitor during excercise? I'm curious how to get one. I'm also curious how your o2 fluctuates with excercise? Like, what's your baseline and then what does it drop to during excercise?

Sonia

EnergyGal

Hi Sonia

When I was waiting for my transplant I got an O2 pulse oximter. I bought mine from nonin.com tell them you would like to know how much the flight stat cost. IT is much cheaper than their other version and it is the same exact one. I recently had mine sent in for a check up and they fixed it for free two years later.

I no longer have to monitor my sat but if I use it once in a while during my workout it stays at 97. When I walk around my house it is 98-99. After getting off my trampoline(mini) it was 100 for a few minutes. I am sure in time it will be 100 as I am only six months away from my transplant.

while I was waiting for both transplants, I was 97 at rest on oxygen and it would go down to 94 when I walked as long as I cranked up the 02.

I think it is very important to own this device as if you are good shape you want to remain that way and not put excessive strain on your heart and lungs.

Take care
Risa

EnergyGal

Hi Sonia

When I was waiting for my transplant I got an O2 pulse oximter. I bought mine from nonin.com tell them you would like to know how much the flight stat cost. IT is much cheaper than their other version and it is the same exact one. I recently had mine sent in for a check up and they fixed it for free two years later.

I no longer have to monitor my sat but if I use it once in a while during my workout it stays at 97. When I walk around my house it is 98-99. After getting off my trampoline(mini) it was 100 for a few minutes. I am sure in time it will be 100 as I am only six months away from my transplant.

while I was waiting for both transplants, I was 97 at rest on oxygen and it would go down to 94 when I walked as long as I cranked up the 02.

I think it is very important to own this device as if you are good shape you want to remain that way and not put excessive strain on your heart and lungs.

Take care
Risa

anonymous

Sonia,
Im not sure where you live, but if you are in the US you can buy a pulse oximeter at REI stores or www.rei.com for about $375 (US dollars). Kind of expensive but might be worth it if you're worried about your sats dropping during exercise. I bought one cuz I like to go skiing (about 12,000 feet above sea level at the local ski resorts)... It really surprised me, cuz I've NEVER needed oxygen, even though I've been in and out of the hospital about once a year for the last 15 years (I'm now 36).....When I went skiing last year, my sats dropped to about 90% at rest at the higher altitude, and about 82-83% after skiing down some longer harder runs. Then as I rested going back up the ski lifts, my sats would take a few minutes to climb back up to about 90%. My sats on room air at home (about 4500 feet) are usually 96-97% at with rest, and 92-94% with mild to moderate exercise. When I go jogging my sats drop to around 89-90% (at 4500 feet). I'm sure if I lived at sea level, they'd be a little better.
Dave (36 w/ CF)

anonymous

Sonia,
Im not sure where you live, but if you are in the US you can buy a pulse oximeter at REI stores or www.rei.com for about $375 (US dollars). Kind of expensive but might be worth it if you're worried about your sats dropping during exercise. I bought one cuz I like to go skiing (about 12,000 feet above sea level at the local ski resorts)... It really surprised me, cuz I've NEVER needed oxygen, even though I've been in and out of the hospital about once a year for the last 15 years (I'm now 36).....When I went skiing last year, my sats dropped to about 90% at rest at the higher altitude, and about 82-83% after skiing down some longer harder runs. Then as I rested going back up the ski lifts, my sats would take a few minutes to climb back up to about 90%. My sats on room air at home (about 4500 feet) are usually 96-97% at with rest, and 92-94% with mild to moderate exercise. When I go jogging my sats drop to around 89-90% (at 4500 feet). I'm sure if I lived at sea level, they'd be a little better.
Dave (36 w/ CF)