OMNI pod

Rokiss12

i got mine in the mail a couple days ago, and now all i have to do is wait to be trained with it! for those of you who dont know, the OMNI pod is a new cordless insulin pump... from what i hear and read its AWESOME. im telling you it was like christmas the other day! lol!

so for any of you that have used it before or just any other kind of pump, do you think it hurts? im still concerned about it hurting to put in b/c since i was pretty brutal with my first shots as i was diagnosed, and still havent learned to rotate enough, i have a lump or bubble or w/e on my stomach gut and i cant do my shots there untill it goes away- according to the dr. also, i ahve scar tissue i think and doing my shots in some places hurts alot. i really want to put my pump in my thigh... what do people think of that? good idea or no? where else do you all put them?

Rokiss12

i got mine in the mail a couple days ago, and now all i have to do is wait to be trained with it! for those of you who dont know, the OMNI pod is a new cordless insulin pump... from what i hear and read its AWESOME. im telling you it was like christmas the other day! lol!

so for any of you that have used it before or just any other kind of pump, do you think it hurts? im still concerned about it hurting to put in b/c since i was pretty brutal with my first shots as i was diagnosed, and still havent learned to rotate enough, i have a lump or bubble or w/e on my stomach gut and i cant do my shots there untill it goes away- according to the dr. also, i ahve scar tissue i think and doing my shots in some places hurts alot. i really want to put my pump in my thigh... what do people think of that? good idea or no? where else do you all put them?

Rokiss12

coltsfan715

I have no advice to offer, but you will have to let us know how the pump goes. I am actually in the process of getting a pump now. The docs office is setting up the paper work and I am going through the needed testing to get it - i.e. blood sugars within a normal range for at least a month and other bloodwork to make sure that my Hemoglobin A1C is at a good level also.

I wanted to just wish you well with it and say congrats I am glad you got one and are that much closer to getting to use it.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I have no advice to offer, but you will have to let us know how the pump goes. I am actually in the process of getting a pump now. The docs office is setting up the paper work and I am going through the needed testing to get it - i.e. blood sugars within a normal range for at least a month and other bloodwork to make sure that my Hemoglobin A1C is at a good level also.

I wanted to just wish you well with it and say congrats I am glad you got one and are that much closer to getting to use it.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey