On a plane with another CF'er....what do you do?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Samsmom</b></i>

All the suggestions have been good. What about that stuff called airborne that is supposed to help boost your immune system. I have never taken a good look at it , just came to mind. If you are really unsure about the exposure to each other I would check with your docs. and get their opinion. My daughter was diagnosed a year ago and they have never told us to keep her away from other cfers???? Have a great vacation however you get there!!</end quote></div>

Our local clinic/doctors think we're troublemakers 'cuz we question the cross contamination issue in the waiting room. They don't think it's a problem because "no one at their clinic has ever cultured cepacia". They feel it's more important for families, some who travel quite a distance, to be able to interact with other cfer families. We don't attend the local CF clinic anymore. How do they know what people culture until a week or so after clinic days... DS has cultured HIB and pseudomonas a. in the past. We don't want him picking up additional bugs -- mrsa, staph, cepacia...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

All the suggestions have been good. What about that stuff called airborne that is supposed to help boost your immune system. I have never taken a good look at it , just came to mind. If you are really unsure about the exposure to each other I would check with your docs. and get their opinion. My daughter was diagnosed a year ago and they have never told us to keep her away from other cfers???? Have a great vacation however you get there!!</end quote></div>

Our local clinic/doctors think we're troublemakers 'cuz we question the cross contamination issue in the waiting room. They don't think it's a problem because "no one at their clinic has ever cultured cepacia". They feel it's more important for families, some who travel quite a distance, to be able to interact with other cfer families. We don't attend the local CF clinic anymore. How do they know what people culture until a week or so after clinic days... DS has cultured HIB and pseudomonas a. in the past. We don't want him picking up additional bugs -- mrsa, staph, cepacia...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member