On medicine for reflux but don't have reflux?

catboogie

Hey guys,

My doctor put me on a GERD med at my last visit. I told him that I RARELY get heart burn (like hardly ever) and that I eat a lot of spicy foods without problems. But he insisted. He said my last CT scan showed that I may be aspirating stomach acid at night so we should do it just in case this is happening.

He also said I was one of the only cystics at the clinic not on something for heartburn!

Anyone else been put on reflux meds but you've never had problems with reflux?

thanks.

catboogie

Hey guys,

My doctor put me on a GERD med at my last visit. I told him that I RARELY get heart burn (like hardly ever) and that I eat a lot of spicy foods without problems. But he insisted. He said my last CT scan showed that I may be aspirating stomach acid at night so we should do it just in case this is happening.

He also said I was one of the only cystics at the clinic not on something for heartburn!

thanks.

catboogie

Hey guys,

thanks.

catboogie

Hey guys,

thanks.

catboogie

Hey guys,
<br />
<br />My doctor put me on a GERD med at my last visit. I told him that I RARELY get heart burn (like hardly ever) and that I eat a lot of spicy foods without problems. But he insisted. He said my last CT scan showed that I may be aspirating stomach acid at night so we should do it just in case this is happening.
<br />
<br />He also said I was one of the only cystics at the clinic not on something for heartburn!
<br />
<br />Anyone else been put on reflux meds but you've never had problems with reflux?
<br />
<br />thanks.

kathiel

My daughter was kept on prevacid even after her fundo because the say it helps the enzymes out with the digestion.

kathiel

My daughter was kept on prevacid even after her fundo because the say it helps the enzymes out with the digestion.

kathiel

kathiel

kathiel

amyr

I have had reflux for ever. I have researched it to death. From my experience you can be refluxing and have no symptoms. I was on meds and symptom free and went in for a follow up endoscopy. My esophagus was eroded. My GI Dr. explained that it is very common to have reflux with no heartburn. In the case of reflux the benefits really out weigh the risks (IMO).

amyr

I have had reflux for ever. I have researched it to death. From my experience you can be refluxing and have no symptoms. I was on meds and symptom free and went in for a follow up endoscopy. My esophagus was eroded. My GI Dr. explained that it is very common to have reflux with no heartburn. In the case of reflux the benefits really out weigh the risks (IMO).

amyr

amyr

amyr