oregano oil for 3yr old

anonymous

Hi I have started to do the oregano oil myself and was wondering how and if I should try to give it to my daughter. I have only been on it for a few days but have noticed an improvement in my sinuses. My daughter is currently suffering from a sinus infection and I was wondering if this would help her also. I have been doing two drops in a facial sauna. Would I use this for her or would I rub it on her heel? Any info would be very appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Beth

By the way neither myself or my daughter have CF.

anonymous

Hi I have started to do the oregano oil myself and was wondering how and if I should try to give it to my daughter. I have only been on it for a few days but have noticed an improvement in my sinuses. My daughter is currently suffering from a sinus infection and I was wondering if this would help her also. I have been doing two drops in a facial sauna. Would I use this for her or would I rub it on her heel? Any info would be very appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Beth

By the way neither myself or my daughter have CF.

Faust

I would say rub it on her heels as prescribed in the FAQ. I'm very hesitant to recommend anything for very young children.

anonymous

Yes, but surely if OO is effective at at managing bacterial growth, then the earlier in life it is used, the more effective it will be as a treatment?

Perhaps, if used regularly it may help the body avoid chronic infections?

scarbrough

My daughter is 14 mos old and has CF. I feel comfortable rubbing oo on her heels, whereas breathing in is a different story. Not sure her docs would be too happy with that!! Can I get it at Walmart/Target and try it out or are they too weak? She was diagnosed with pseudo last week(1st time) and she is on Tobi and Cipro...very expensive and time consuming for a toddler. I will do whatever she needs, but I am all for long term effects!!

anonymous

I have used wild oregano with my son with CF, he is 4. I intention was to use it for his lungs but we had some other great side effects. I think he must have had candida in his bowel from all the Antibiotics. After 2 days of using this he had NORMAL bowel motions and continues to, he also put on 1/2 kilo in 14 days which is massive for my boy. We have always strugled with weight. I am using one capsule per day and have now gone down to 1/2 a day it was causing heart burn I think. I have also been giving him 3 drops of oil with juice daily
My email is smoneill@xtra.co.nz if u want to know more

Monique O'Neill
mum to Liam 4 wcf

kayleesgrandma

Monique, where did yoou get your wild O oil? Where does anyone get the right kind of O oil? I've noticed you all talking about this, and want to try on my 3yr old grandaughter. Rubbing on heels sounds good. Thanks.

ssloan1

I would love to know if their is a certain brand to by of this oo.
I would love to try it on my son who is almost 6. What do you
suggest? ON the heel or in the neb?<br>
<br>
Mommy of 3

65rosessamurai

Based on a home page which sells oregano oil (origanum vulgare),
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.herbalremedies.com/ordilesoil.html">Oregano Essential Oil (Oraganum Vulgare)</a>
it indicates that putting a few drops in a towel, etc., and breathing in would help with sinus infection, but does not indicate anything regarding age range. It does indicate that it is diluted with olive oil, and direct contact to skin may cause irritation, so I'd recommend diluting it with a little extra olive oil, and continue to prevent contact to skin.