Organ donation awareness

laulau555

I'm the president of my class and a girl recently approached me saying her cousin has to have a kidney transplant, could we do something to raise awareness or fundraise? I wasn't sure if there was a way to fundraise for transplants, is there a foundation? If not, or even if so, I wanted to do something to raise awareness of organ donation, for kidneys, lungs, anything. I was thinking maybe have a day where people can come in and register to be organ donors? Or pass out pamphlets about it? Any ideas on how to go about this?

laulau555

I'm the president of my class and a girl recently approached me saying her cousin has to have a kidney transplant, could we do something to raise awareness or fundraise? I wasn't sure if there was a way to fundraise for transplants, is there a foundation? If not, or even if so, I wanted to do something to raise awareness of organ donation, for kidneys, lungs, anything. I was thinking maybe have a day where people can come in and register to be organ donors? Or pass out pamphlets about it? Any ideas on how to go about this?

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555

Liza

How wonderful! The best place to start is UNOS. Go to their site and they should have a link that you can click on that can then direct you to a contact person in your state. They are the best to give proper and accurate information. We actually had someone from UNOS come out and speak at our transplant support group meeting. Who else better to spread the word than a recipient. We also heard from a donor family.

Thanks!

Liza

How wonderful! The best place to start is UNOS. Go to their site and they should have a link that you can click on that can then direct you to a contact person in your state. They are the best to give proper and accurate information. We actually had someone from UNOS come out and speak at our transplant support group meeting. Who else better to spread the word than a recipient. We also heard from a donor family.

Thanks!

Liza

Thanks!

Liza

Thanks!

Liza

<br />
<br />Thanks!

laulau555

thank you for that! i think I am going to get some brochures from that website and do a fundraiser to raise awareness

laulau555

thank you for that! i think I am going to get some brochures from that website and do a fundraiser to raise awareness

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555