Orkambi drug interactions that were not listed

regina65

Anyone have a interaction with Orkambi that a was not listed in their interactions list. If so what is it?

AH11201

Anyone have a interaction with Orkambi that a was not listed in their interactions list. If so what is it?

I started having very uncomfortable GI reactions, but the opposite of what other people were reporting: bloating, constipation, etc., not loose stools. I just stopped it on Monday to see if the symptoms resolve.

saintoffeon

I suspected one with melatonin, but it was not reproducible for me.

I still highly suspect that it lessens the effect of tramadol (similar to tolerance, where you would need more to achieve the same result) but I won't be able to test again for another week or so, if ever (I say if ever because I don't want to take it if I feel well enough with the way things are heading)...

J

JenniferRose65

I started having very uncomfortable GI reactions, but the opposite of what other people were reporting: bloating, constipation, etc., not loose stools. I just stopped it on Monday to see if the symptoms resolve.

Any luck with those GI symptoms? I fear I'm going through the same thing - which is frustrating considering I started Orkambi to try to fix my GI issues.

sheanna

I had the same thing! Combined with extreme nausea, I actually thought I might be pregnant (I am not). But I agree with the generally feeling bloated and constipated. Just 'not right'.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The first week ds started he had very loose (not formed) stools. Wasn't malabsorption. Figured his body was purging mucus and old sticky stool in his intestinal tract. And he wasn't eating as much. Resolved itself after a couple weeks.

J

JenniferRose65

I just started week 6 - my cough has been constant and productive which is not typically my normal. I know in the grand scheme of things that this is supposed to be a positive but it's been very frustrating.

As far as GI - I've been nauseous, bloated, constipated, and (like sheanna said) just "not right." If I didn't know for a fact that I wasn't pregnant I would think that I was pregnant with how I've been feeling. My nausea mostly comes on at night and I cough until I throw up before I go to bed at least three times a week now.