Osteoporosis Meds

beleache

I had questions about that shot too... Danyell?Blindhearted does the shot, she can give you some info about it... I take fosamax...

beleache

I had questions about that shot too... Danyell?Blindhearted does the shot, she can give you some info about it... I take fosamax...

beleache

beleache

beleache

cf72

Hi !
I have been taking Fosamax for several years since my doublelungtransplant in 1995 and I have never felt any sideeffects of it.
/cf72 in Sweden

cf72

Hi !
I have been taking Fosamax for several years since my doublelungtransplant in 1995 and I have never felt any sideeffects of it.
/cf72 in Sweden

cf72

Hi !
/cf72 in Sweden

cf72

Hi !
/cf72 in Sweden

cf72

Hi !
/cf72 in Sweden

tara

I heard about the shot, but didn't ask my doctor about it. I was on Fossamax for a year and saw improvement in my next bone density scan (I did and still do have osteoperosis) But recently I have switched to Boniva, which is only once a month pill. I didn't switch sooner because my insurance charges a higher copay for Boniva, but I hate the weekly Fossamax so much, it's worth the extra charge now. I don't care for Boniva either, but at least it's only once a month. I am coming up on 3 years using the Fossamx/Boniva pills. I don't have any other side effects from them except improved bone density.

tara

I heard about the shot, but didn't ask my doctor about it. I was on Fossamax for a year and saw improvement in my next bone density scan (I did and still do have osteoperosis) But recently I have switched to Boniva, which is only once a month pill. I didn't switch sooner because my insurance charges a higher copay for Boniva, but I hate the weekly Fossamax so much, it's worth the extra charge now. I don't care for Boniva either, but at least it's only once a month. I am coming up on 3 years using the Fossamx/Boniva pills. I don't have any other side effects from them except improved bone density.

tara

tara

tara

blindhearted

Joni is right. I do take Forteo. I have been on it since Nov 05. I will be finishing up the 2 yr span this Nov (only two more months!). I had very bad Osteoporosis. I think my number in my back was -2.5, I think it's now -1.6 (as of this past Monday)...I was told that was in the more normal range. Those numbers are quite an improvement! I have been upgraded from Osteoporosis to mild Osteopenia. It is daily for 2 yrs only. It is quite a commentment. If you have an issue sticking yourself, like me, you can numb your skin with Emla cream...it makes it easier. After that you will need to be on a maintaince drug. There is a new, just on the market, IV medicine that is given once a yr. It takes 15 mins for the medicine to go in. I think the medicine is called Reclass...or something like that, I will have to get back to you on the offical name. I am thinking about doing that after I finish Forteo since I couldnt handle Actonel and Boniva. But Forteo does work....it's just a long commentment. You must decide if you will be able to handle and remember to do a shot every since day. Another good thing about Forteo is that you can take it at night and are not required to sit up after it. You can go to bed as soon as you take it, that way you can sleep through any side effects. That's what I do and it's great. If you have any additional questions you can PM me. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

blindhearted

Joni is right. I do take Forteo. I have been on it since Nov 05. I will be finishing up the 2 yr span this Nov (only two more months!). I had very bad Osteoporosis. I think my number in my back was -2.5, I think it's now -1.6 (as of this past Monday)...I was told that was in the more normal range. Those numbers are quite an improvement! I have been upgraded from Osteoporosis to mild Osteopenia. It is daily for 2 yrs only. It is quite a commentment. If you have an issue sticking yourself, like me, you can numb your skin with Emla cream...it makes it easier. After that you will need to be on a maintaince drug. There is a new, just on the market, IV medicine that is given once a yr. It takes 15 mins for the medicine to go in. I think the medicine is called Reclass...or something like that, I will have to get back to you on the offical name. I am thinking about doing that after I finish Forteo since I couldnt handle Actonel and Boniva. But Forteo does work....it's just a long commentment. You must decide if you will be able to handle and remember to do a shot every since day. Another good thing about Forteo is that you can take it at night and are not required to sit up after it. You can go to bed as soon as you take it, that way you can sleep through any side effects. That's what I do and it's great. If you have any additional questions you can PM me. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

blindhearted

blindhearted

blindhearted