OT, but need input.

thefrogprincess

So my right tonsil looks like a baseball, in size and color! It hurts SO bad. I went to the doctor first thing this morning and its not strepp, but there is obviously some sort of infection in there, its in my ear canal too. I also have had a fever, up to 101 at 4:30 this morning. They put me augmentin even though they aren't sure if its viral or bacterial. What could this be? Has anyone else ever had just ONE tonsil go crazy on them?

Also, I need your sore throat remedies! The only thing that remotely helps so far is ice water. Chloriceptic does nothing, vicodine helped a little, I am sitting here stoned out of my mind but it still hurts like nothing else to swallow. I swear I had no idea my throat could hurt so bad. I can hardly talk, it hurts to move my tongue!

And why do they give you GIANT pills when your throat hurts!????

thefrogprincess

So my right tonsil looks like a baseball, in size and color! It hurts SO bad. I went to the doctor first thing this morning and its not strepp, but there is obviously some sort of infection in there, its in my ear canal too. I also have had a fever, up to 101 at 4:30 this morning. They put me augmentin even though they aren't sure if its viral or bacterial. What could this be? Has anyone else ever had just ONE tonsil go crazy on them?

Also, I need your sore throat remedies! The only thing that remotely helps so far is ice water. Chloriceptic does nothing, vicodine helped a little, I am sitting here stoned out of my mind but it still hurts like nothing else to swallow. I swear I had no idea my throat could hurt so bad. I can hardly talk, it hurts to move my tongue!

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

<br />
<br />Also, I need your sore throat remedies! The only thing that remotely helps so far is ice water. Chloriceptic does nothing, vicodine helped a little, I am sitting here stoned out of my mind but it still hurts like nothing else to swallow. I swear I had no idea my throat could hurt so bad. I can hardly talk, it hurts to move my tongue!
<br />
<br />And why do they give you GIANT pills when your throat hurts!????

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
A coworker's son once had an abscessed tonsil and had to have it lanced! Sounds similar. Heard it was HORRIBLY painful and he had a high fever also.

When I had my tonsils out, I ate a lot of crushed ice, slushies and I kept an ice pack around my neck.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
A coworker's son once had an abscessed tonsil and had to have it lanced! Sounds similar. Heard it was HORRIBLY painful and he had a high fever also.

When I had my tonsils out, I ate a lot of crushed ice, slushies and I kept an ice pack around my neck.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />When I had my tonsils out, I ate a lot of crushed ice, slushies and I kept an ice pack around my neck.

W

welshwitch

hey , i have a sore throat too!

i take dayquil....it usually works for a short time. ricolas help, too.

i always wondered if i could qualify to have my tonsils out. seems like i get sore throats all the time....

W

welshwitch

i always wondered if i could qualify to have my tonsils out. seems like i get sore throats all the time....

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

<br />
<br />i take dayquil....it usually works for a short time. ricolas help, too.
<br />
<br />i always wondered if i could qualify to have my tonsils out. seems like i get sore throats all the time....

tara

Are you sure it's not thrush? When was your last round of antibiotics, and what did you take to help avoid the thrush?

I came off IVs once with a raging thrush infection. I had several large white bumps in the back of my throat and it hurt to high heaven to swallow anything. I took Clotrimizole lozenges three times a day and that cured it right up!

I hope whatever it is, it gets resolved quickly.

tara

Are you sure it's not thrush? When was your last round of antibiotics, and what did you take to help avoid the thrush?

I came off IVs once with a raging thrush infection. I had several large white bumps in the back of my throat and it hurt to high heaven to swallow anything. I took Clotrimizole lozenges three times a day and that cured it right up!

tara

tara

tara

<br />
<br />I came off IVs once with a raging thrush infection. I had several large white bumps in the back of my throat and it hurt to high heaven to swallow anything. I took Clotrimizole lozenges three times a day and that cured it right up!
<br />
<br />I hope whatever it is, it gets resolved quickly.