OT, need help for my friend

thefrogprincess

I know there are other military families on these forums and I remember a while back someone was able to get their husband home from Iraq when their son was in the hospital, but I don't remember who it was! So help me out guys!

Here is the situation: My friends 2 year old daughter had an accident on the playground last week and spiral fractured her femer all the way from hip to knee. She needs major surgery to install rods and pins in the leg. Her daddy is in the Army and currently serving in Iraq.

The Army is saying that they will not let him come home because it is not a death in the family or life threatening. She tried contacting the Red Cross already and got told the same thing. I need to know if there is anything else she can do to try and get him home! This poor little girl needs constant care and it is really taking a toll on my friend, and the surgery hasn't even happened yet (that I know of, I haven't talked to her in a couple days). If anyone knows of ANYTHING that might help please let me know!!!

thefrogprincess

I know there are other military families on these forums and I remember a while back someone was able to get their husband home from Iraq when their son was in the hospital, but I don't remember who it was! So help me out guys!

Here is the situation: My friends 2 year old daughter had an accident on the playground last week and spiral fractured her femer all the way from hip to knee. She needs major surgery to install rods and pins in the leg. Her daddy is in the Army and currently serving in Iraq.

The Army is saying that they will not let him come home because it is not a death in the family or life threatening. She tried contacting the Red Cross already and got told the same thing. I need to know if there is anything else she can do to try and get him home! This poor little girl needs constant care and it is really taking a toll on my friend, and the surgery hasn't even happened yet (that I know of, I haven't talked to her in a couple days). If anyone knows of ANYTHING that might help please let me know!!!

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

<br />
<br />Here is the situation: My friends 2 year old daughter had an accident on the playground last week and spiral fractured her femer all the way from hip to knee. She needs major surgery to install rods and pins in the leg. Her daddy is in the Army and currently serving in Iraq.
<br />
<br />The Army is saying that they will not let him come home because it is not a death in the family or life threatening. She tried contacting the Red Cross already and got told the same thing. I need to know if there is anything else she can do to try and get him home! This poor little girl needs constant care and it is really taking a toll on my friend, and the surgery hasn't even happened yet (that I know of, I haven't talked to her in a couple days). If anyone knows of ANYTHING that might help please let me know!!!

AbbysMama

I don't have any answers, but I will keep your friend and her family in my thoughts and prayers that they can get Army Daddy home!!!

Emily

AbbysMama

I don't have any answers, but I will keep your friend and her family in my thoughts and prayers that they can get Army Daddy home!!!

Emily

AbbysMama

Emily

AbbysMama

Emily

AbbysMama

<br />
<br />Emily

pjspiegle

I don't know if there is anything my dad can do to help or not but he is a chaplain in the Civil Air Patrol and their Drug Demand Reduction Officier. He has a lot of contacts with all divisions of the military. You can email him with the situation at ChaplainRourk@comcast.com. If that does not go through to him, email it to me at pattyspiegle@msn.com and I will forward it for you. Like I said, I don't know if he will be able to help or not, but it might be worth a try.

pjspiegle

I don't know if there is anything my dad can do to help or not but he is a chaplain in the Civil Air Patrol and their Drug Demand Reduction Officier. He has a lot of contacts with all divisions of the military. You can email him with the situation at ChaplainRourk@comcast.com. If that does not go through to him, email it to me at pattyspiegle@msn.com and I will forward it for you. Like I said, I don't know if he will be able to help or not, but it might be worth a try.

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

AUradar

Dad's going to have to go through his commander and/or his chaplin. If I remember correctly, the chaplin is the route to go for such issues.

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't have a high expectation that he will be able to come home. A femur fracture is a signficant, life threatening injury. But once stablilized the risk is reduced. Basically, your femour artery is running down the femur and if you get a break the jagged edges could cut that artery and you could bleed out. So first responders have to be very careful when dealing with a femur fracture. But obvioulsy she's way past that now.

Again, get with the chaplin's office and deal with them. If his chaplin isn't helpful, check with the office back at post.

AUradar

Dad's going to have to go through his commander and/or his chaplin. If I remember correctly, the chaplin is the route to go for such issues.

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't have a high expectation that he will be able to come home. A femur fracture is a signficant, life threatening injury. But once stablilized the risk is reduced. Basically, your femour artery is running down the femur and if you get a break the jagged edges could cut that artery and you could bleed out. So first responders have to be very careful when dealing with a femur fracture. But obvioulsy she's way past that now.

Again, get with the chaplin's office and deal with them. If his chaplin isn't helpful, check with the office back at post.

AUradar

AUradar

AUradar

<br />
<br />I hate to say it, but I wouldn't have a high expectation that he will be able to come home. A femur fracture is a signficant, life threatening injury. But once stablilized the risk is reduced. Basically, your femour artery is running down the femur and if you get a break the jagged edges could cut that artery and you could bleed out. So first responders have to be very careful when dealing with a femur fracture. But obvioulsy she's way past that now.
<br />
<br />Again, get with the chaplin's office and deal with them. If his chaplin isn't helpful, check with the office back at post.