Our son, our Hero

BUBBLES09

I just lost my daughter on December 19, 2012 due to CF she would have been 19 years old on New Years Day my heart is broken but she did it her way, I was spared the agony of watching her struggle to breath, God new it was my worst fear, her pulse Ox was 98, as I watched her heart rate go from 161 to in a split second 30, her little heart just stopped, it has been such a great weight to bare, losing a child there are no words to say ...but thank you for your story these kids go out fighting peace be with you

BUBBLES09

I just lost my daughter on December 19, 2012 due to CF she would have been 19 years old on New Years Day my heart is broken but she did it her way, I was spared the agony of watching her struggle to breath, God new it was my worst fear, her pulse Ox was 98, as I watched her heart rate go from 161 to in a split second 30, her little heart just stopped, it has been such a great weight to bare, losing a child there are no words to say ...but thank you for your story these kids go out fighting peace be with you

W

witzersmom

Thank you for sharing your sons story. I cried, it also sounded like a celebration of his life, and bittersweet memories. God be with you.

W

witzersmom

Thank you for sharing your sons story. I cried, it also sounded like a celebration of his life, and bittersweet memories. God be with you.

greganddiane

May God bless you all. 3 of my 4 children have been diagnosed...of course you couldn't think of it in a million years...but they are incredible miracles in our lives!
Life has gotten complicated at times...but we work, play, love, laugh, cry and pray together all the time!
We will be watchful to see if there is any insight that we can give that might encourage and help other families.

greganddiane

May God bless you all. 3 of my 4 children have been diagnosed...of course you couldn't think of it in a million years...but they are incredible miracles in our lives!
Life has gotten complicated at times...but we work, play, love, laugh, cry and pray together all the time!
We will be watchful to see if there is any insight that we can give that might encourage and help other families.

skittles21

im so sorry for your lost i to lost my son at age 18 in oct he to fought to the end the day before he passed he sat up on the bed couldnt talk much but he still had his sense of humor to flirt dance and make jokes so i say these guys won cause they went on there terms when there bodies were worn out i read so many storys about how ppl with cf touch so many i have to believe god gave us these beautiful children so they could leave behind a legacy please go to utub and type vince gill and chris weber my son wrote this while in vanderbuilt childrens threw a music program again your in my prayers

skittles21

im so sorry for your lost i to lost my son at age 18 in oct he to fought to the end the day before he passed he sat up on the bed couldnt talk much but he still had his sense of humor to flirt dance and make jokes so i say these guys won cause they went on there terms when there bodies were worn out i read so many storys about how ppl with cf touch so many i have to believe god gave us these beautiful children so they could leave behind a legacy please go to utub and type vince gill and chris weber my son wrote this while in vanderbuilt childrens threw a music program again your in my prayers

skittles21

im so sorry for your lost i to lost my son in oct 2011 he would have spells on bipap and the last morning he new i couldnt take him off so his little heart gave and he went my goal was to make his servivce the way he would have wanted it my prayers r with u and your family

skittles21

im so sorry for your lost i to lost my son in oct 2011 he would have spells on bipap and the last morning he new i couldnt take him off so his little heart gave and he went my goal was to make his servivce the way he would have wanted it my prayers r with u and your family

twinmom2k

I'm so sorry for your pain. We lost our 25 year old son to CF Oct 27, 2011. It has crushed my soul to be without him. But we have 4 other children all without CF and we try to be brave and strong for them, but it is a daily battle. The wonderful part of this loss is that it brought us closer together as a family. We all are grieving at different times which means there is always someone who is strong enough to lend support. We are happy that Josh is now in heaven with his lord and he was very religious and found comfort in that way. I am so glad I finally found a site that has parents grieving the loss of their child like we are. Especially others who have struggled with taking care of their child who has CF.

rhonda21

I am sorry to read this but on the other hand it teaches me that these kids and young adults fought hard, were the smartest and most friendly people and never took life for granted and loved with all their might. I miss my son too who died in 2008 having been just evaluated for trNsplant. He had two previous episodes of fainting and even had his heart checked out, suddenly gave out on an evening while takin his iv pole to the bathroom. I dint feel he was ready to go, but God had other plans for him and the other people who go so suddenly. I still have mydaughter who has cf, diagnosed when her brother was born at the age of five and now she is 26 with a husband and beautiful girls. I pray she is one who lives to see her kids graduate and still has the energy to deal with this horrible disease. Thanks for sharing all your precious kids on this site. It helpsget through the pain of loss.

Nicks mom

thank you so much for your post. I just lost my son on December 13th 2012...He was 21, and would have been 22 on january17th. It is very hard so far. He went at home. He was very sick and had been struggling to get his lungs free of infection. He was on the bipap a lot of days, but the morning he died was obviously a good one. He had gotten up really early(which within itself is amazing, because mornings were very hard most of the time) and gotten some breakfast. I know this because his toaster struessels, and chex mix was on the bed...but we found him in the chair, and he was just gone. Still warm and we know that he was not struggling to breathe, or he would have hurried over to the bipap. I am beyond devistated...even though he went peacefully, and it just looked like he just fell asleep, I am lost without him. I am not sure how i am suppose to go on. I've spent my entire adult life worrying and caring for him. I have so much in common with some of you, I feel so alone. The funeral was Tuesday, and it killed me to let him go...I know he is with God, but I miss him so much...

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I am so sorry for your loss. I am weep with you now thinking of your pain and wishing there were something to lessen it, but I know there isn't. May God hold you tightly and carry you and know of my prayers that you may feel His hand holdings yours, as your son holds His.
-Love

JustDucky

I'm so sorry....I know you are hurting in ways that no words could ever describe. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs and love, Jenn 40 wCF

Thank you for sharing. What a remarkable son you have. So sorry for your family's loss and hoping for a cure to end this pain and suffering for so many.

On December 2 2012 at 4:30am we lost our son Will to CF. He always had a way to make you smile even if you were having a bad day he knew just the right thing to say or do. He was a fighter. As a child he played hockey and loved it. He loved football. Durning football season he would always put on his favorite Jersey's and as a family we would watch all the games.Durning his last week he never said he knew he was not going to make it he just tried to stay strong. I believe his heart just couldnt go on any longer as his heart rate was so high the last 2 days of his life. I still wait for him to call and say he is on his way home and for him to walk through the door. I also have a daughter who will be 24 on Jan 23rd with CF and I know I can not go through what we did with my son again. I try to stay stong for my daughter but its so hard. There are days I cry all day and there is never a day,minute or second that goes by that I dont think about him. He is missed so much by so many peeple.