Our son, our Hero

hart3448

On October 29 at 9:30 am Jacob Hart lost his 27 year battle with CF. He was in Denver awaiting a transplant when infection took it's final toll. I'm his proud dad and I have to say I've never seen someone so determined to beat this thing and live life like he did. He never gave up, even during the last days. He had coded the previous week and joked about walking away from the light. His passion was fishing but his younger days saw him swimming, playing league baseball, racing motorcycles (not our favorite sport) hiking, snowmobiling, four wheeling. He worked at different jobs from delivering mail to golf course maintenance to auto parts help. CF had been part of his life, but never his whole life. He had the prettiest girlfriends andsome of the nicest buddies he could ask for. His impact on people was remarkable. He touched all who knew him. The hospital staff even had a memorial service for him in their chapel. Doctors, nurses, respitory therapists all came to say good bye and share stories. We think about him every day now and we pray that others might get the second chance they deserve. Godspeed Jake, we love you and miss you and are stronger because of you.<br>

hart3448

On October 29 at 9:30 am Jacob Hart lost his 27 year battle with CF. He was in Denver awaiting a transplant when infection took it's final toll. I'm his proud dad and I have to say I've never seen someone so determined to beat this thing and live life like he did. He never gave up, even during the last days. He had coded the previous week and joked about walking away from the light. His passion was fishing but his younger days saw him swimming, playing league baseball, racing motorcycles (not our favorite sport) hiking, snowmobiling, four wheeling. He worked at different jobs from delivering mail to golf course maintenance to auto parts help. CF had been part of his life, but never his whole life. He had the prettiest girlfriends andsome of the nicest buddies he could ask for. His impact on people was remarkable. He touched all who knew him. The hospital staff even had a memorial service for him in their chapel. Doctors, nurses, respitory therapists all came to say good bye and share stories. We think about him every day now and we pray that others might get the second chance they deserve. Godspeed Jake, we love you and miss you and are stronger because of you.<br>

hart3448

Printer

I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that we will find a cure to this disease soon so we will see an end to losing good people, such as your son.

Bill

Printer

I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that we will find a cure to this disease soon so we will see an end to losing good people, such as your son.

Bill

Printer

Bill

M

mom2mason

Thank you for sharing, your son sounds like a wonderful person. I am so sorry for your loss.
God Bless you and your family this Christmas.

M

mom2mason

Thank you for sharing, your son sounds like a wonderful person. I am so sorry for your loss.

M

mom2mason

azdesertrat

So sorry for your loss.
It sounds as if your son was one remarkable human being.
It sounds like although it was abbreviated, he led a full life.
Thank you for telling us about him.
May God bless & be with you; your son & family will be in our prayers.

azdesertrat

So sorry for your loss.

azdesertrat

So sorry for your loss.

lilmac1177

yes, thank you for sharing and i'm very sorry for your loss. i cried when i read this because it's always heart-breaking to hear of another precious soul being taken to this disease! God bless your son, you and your family and all who knew and loved him.

lilmac1177

yes, thank you for sharing and i'm very sorry for your loss. i cried when i read this because it's always heart-breaking to hear of another precious soul being taken to this disease! God bless your son, you and your family and all who knew and loved him.

bw27

well today is tuesday january 24 2012 i lost my friends from cf and its getting worse then i excepted it to be because knowing the friends i have are looking down on me say to me brandon you can be damn sure that we will see each other again

bw27

well today is tuesday january 24 2012 i lost my friends from cf and its getting worse then i excepted it to be because knowing the friends i have are looking down on me say to me brandon you can be damn sure that we will see each other again

K

kgfrompa

Oh How this breaks my heart,I am so sorry for you and your familys loss,

K

kgfrompa

Oh How this breaks my heart,I am so sorry for you and your familys loss,

B

BikerEd

I'm sorry for your loss, a fighter till the end. I know you are but be proud thanks for sharing that story.
Ed

B

BikerEd

I'm sorry for your loss, a fighter till the end. I know you are but be proud thanks for sharing that story.
Ed