OXYGEN SATURATION

damiensmom

DAMIEN HAS GONE DOWN TO THE MID 80 S THE LAST FEW TIMES WE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND IT TAKES ABOUT A WEEK TO SAT IN THE 90 WHILE AWAKE AND THIS LAST TIME HIS SATS AT NIGHT DIDNT GO ABOVE 92 UNTILL WE WERE ALL BUT DONE WITH OUR 14 DAYS. DOES THIS HAPPEN TO MOST EVEYONE WHEN SICK

damiensmom

DAMIEN HAS GONE DOWN TO THE MID 80 S THE LAST FEW TIMES WE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND IT TAKES ABOUT A WEEK TO SAT IN THE 90 WHILE AWAKE AND THIS LAST TIME HIS SATS AT NIGHT DIDNT GO ABOVE 92 UNTILL WE WERE ALL BUT DONE WITH OUR 14 DAYS. DOES THIS HAPPEN TO MOST EVEYONE WHEN SICK

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom

JazzysMom

It is very common!

Whether it be true inflammation or extra mucous that doesnt allow the 02 saturation.

Usually when the 02 sat is low for anything length of time, it takes a bit of time & intervention to get it back.

The exception that I know of is when Zoe4Life had her surgery. The anesthesia made her sats drop, but after being on some 02 supplement for awhile it bounced right back.

For me it also depends on the position my body is in. My 02 sat is always better laying down. The doctor say this is odd since your lungs cant expands as well laying down versus sitting up. I explain it that for ME I am more relaxed laying down. More relaxed equals relaxed airways etc.

They thought I was nuts, but I have proved it to them over & over again!

JazzysMom

It is very common!

Whether it be true inflammation or extra mucous that doesnt allow the 02 saturation.

Usually when the 02 sat is low for anything length of time, it takes a bit of time & intervention to get it back.

The exception that I know of is when Zoe4Life had her surgery. The anesthesia made her sats drop, but after being on some 02 supplement for awhile it bounced right back.

For me it also depends on the position my body is in. My 02 sat is always better laying down. The doctor say this is odd since your lungs cant expands as well laying down versus sitting up. I explain it that for ME I am more relaxed laying down. More relaxed equals relaxed airways etc.

JazzysMom

It is very common!

JazzysMom

It is very common!

JazzysMom

It is very common!
<br />
<br />Whether it be true inflammation or extra mucous that doesnt allow the 02 saturation.
<br />
<br />Usually when the 02 sat is low for anything length of time, it takes a bit of time & intervention to get it back.
<br />
<br />The exception that I know of is when Zoe4Life had her surgery. The anesthesia made her sats drop, but after being on some 02 supplement for awhile it bounced right back.
<br />
<br />For me it also depends on the position my body is in. My 02 sat is always better laying down. The doctor say this is odd since your lungs cant expands as well laying down versus sitting up. I explain it that for ME I am more relaxed laying down. More relaxed equals relaxed airways etc.
<br />
<br />They thought I was nuts, but I have proved it to them over & over again!

shea14

AJ's does sometimes. When we lived in Idaho they only admitted him to the hospitaal if his o2 was low (which happend 3 times). Since we have lived in Texas he has only needed o2 a couple of times but his o2 is always lower when sick (usually 91-93). Last time he was in the hospital I was suprised because he was on o2 for over a week and that had never happend before. This time (we are in again) he started off at 94 and three days into his stay he dropped to 90 and they put him on o2 yesterday for a while. They told me it was becasue of everything was breaking up in his lungs.

shea14

AJ's does sometimes. When we lived in Idaho they only admitted him to the hospitaal if his o2 was low (which happend 3 times). Since we have lived in Texas he has only needed o2 a couple of times but his o2 is always lower when sick (usually 91-93). Last time he was in the hospital I was suprised because he was on o2 for over a week and that had never happend before. This time (we are in again) he started off at 94 and three days into his stay he dropped to 90 and they put him on o2 yesterday for a while. They told me it was becasue of everything was breaking up in his lungs.

shea14

shea14

shea14

2sickkids

My6yr old son has had pneumonia 5 times since April.His o2 had always been high.Now it stays at about 93-95. When he's not sick.It always drops when he is sick.My other son 4yrs old also drops when he is sick but only when there is lung infection.

2sickkids

My6yr old son has had pneumonia 5 times since April.His o2 had always been high.Now it stays at about 93-95. When he's not sick.It always drops when he is sick.My other son 4yrs old also drops when he is sick but only when there is lung infection.

2sickkids

2sickkids

2sickkids

<br />
<br />