P. Aerginosa Infection - Forehead Sinuses

Sixty5roses

Does anyone else have this? I've had a Pseudomonas infection for over a year.  Gives me migraines.  I do daily sinus rinses with the salt/water solution with Alkalol, Johnson & Johnson and Baking Soda added.  The green infection is draining from my sinuses to back of my throat (post-nasal drip basically) and it's like a thick sticky blob of infection.  VERY annoying.  The sinus wash isn't really washing it out b/c my sinuses are so swollen from the infection.<br><br>Thoughts anyone??<br>Thanks!<br>

Sixty5roses

Does anyone else have this? I've had a Pseudomonas infection for over a year. Gives me migraines. I do daily sinus rinses with the salt/water solution with Alkalol, Johnson & Johnson and Baking Soda added. The green infection is draining from my sinuses to back of my throat (post-nasal drip basically) and it's like a thick sticky blob of infection. VERY annoying. The sinus wash isn't really washing it out b/c my sinuses are so swollen from the infection.<br><br>Thoughts anyone??<br>Thanks!<br>

Sixty5roses

Does anyone else have this? I've had a Pseudomonas infection for over a year. Gives me migraines. I do daily sinus rinses with the salt/water solution with Alkalol, Johnson & Johnson and Baking Soda added. The green infection is draining from my sinuses to back of my throat (post-nasal drip basically) and it's like a thick sticky blob of infection. VERY annoying. The sinus wash isn't really washing it out b/c my sinuses are so swollen from the infection.<br><br>Thoughts anyone??<br>Thanks!<br>

mjp317

I can actually comment on this one! I was dx with CF last November at 39. I had this issue for 3 years - sinus surgery, etc. Finally, they figured out it was this bacteria...it has the oddest smell doesnt it???

The migranes were unbearable. What was odd for me was that they came at the SAME TIME every day - about 12:30-1:30. Here is what I did to help, take 2 advil at the slightest sign of headache. This makes the sinuses relax and not get inflamed. Then you can blow out the lovely green snot that is in there (do you get those)? The rinses did NOTHING to help mine.

Advil - the only thing that seemed to work for me!

Good luck and let me know how you make out.

mjp317

I can actually comment on this one! I was dx with CF last November at 39. I had this issue for 3 years - sinus surgery, etc. Finally, they figured out it was this bacteria...it has the oddest smell doesnt it???

The migranes were unbearable. What was odd for me was that they came at the SAME TIME every day - about 12:30-1:30. Here is what I did to help, take 2 advil at the slightest sign of headache. This makes the sinuses relax and not get inflamed. Then you can blow out the lovely green snot that is in there (do you get those)? The rinses did NOTHING to help mine.

Advil - the only thing that seemed to work for me!

Good luck and let me know how you make out.

mjp317

<br />
<br />The migranes were unbearable. What was odd for me was that they came at the SAME TIME every day - about 12:30-1:30. Here is what I did to help, take 2 advil at the slightest sign of headache. This makes the sinuses relax and not get inflamed. Then you can blow out the lovely green snot that is in there (do you get those)? The rinses did NOTHING to help mine.
<br />
<br />Advil - the only thing that seemed to work for me!
<br />
<br />Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I know of a couple people who do Tobi or Gentimycin (sp) sinus rinses. Others who use a sinus nebulizer to neb stuff into their nasal passages. The pari makes one -- Sinu-star? Some neb antibiotics, hypertonic saline....

Sometimes too, for horrible sinus/migraine headaches -- I'll soak in the tub and use Dr. Bonner's Peppermint castile soap. Put some on a hot washcloth and put it on my forehead. Othertimes, I'll place an icepack on my forehead or on the back of my head/base of my skull for relief.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I know of a couple people who do Tobi or Gentimycin (sp) sinus rinses. Others who use a sinus nebulizer to neb stuff into their nasal passages. The pari makes one -- Sinu-star? Some neb antibiotics, hypertonic saline....

Sometimes too, for horrible sinus/migraine headaches -- I'll soak in the tub and use Dr. Bonner's Peppermint castile soap. Put some on a hot washcloth and put it on my forehead. Othertimes, I'll place an icepack on my forehead or on the back of my head/base of my skull for relief.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Sometimes too, for horrible sinus/migraine headaches -- I'll soak in the tub and use Dr. Bonner's Peppermint castile soap. Put some on a hot washcloth and put it on my forehead. Othertimes, I'll place an icepack on my forehead or on the back of my head/base of my skull for relief.

sunshine5637

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this!! I've grown the pseudo bacteria for a few years and it never bothered me until late February when I caught a really bad virus and had to get a PICC line to gain control of this pseudo mess. About a month later, I started having the awfulest sinus headaches about my right eye. I told my doctor about this a couple of months ago and prescribed Levaquin 750 mg because he felt I may have a sinus infection. My headaches have tremendously improved...even though right about my right eye is still tender but I can deal with that, I think. I never in a million years connected these two.

Thanks again. You all have made my day!!!

sunshine5637

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this!! I've grown the pseudo bacteria for a few years and it never bothered me until late February when I caught a really bad virus and had to get a PICC line to gain control of this pseudo mess. About a month later, I started having the awfulest sinus headaches about my right eye. I told my doctor about this a couple of months ago and prescribed Levaquin 750 mg because he felt I may have a sinus infection. My headaches have tremendously improved...even though right about my right eye is still tender but I can deal with that, I think. I never in a million years connected these two.

Thanks again. You all have made my day!!!

sunshine5637

<br />
<br />Thanks again. You all have made my day!!!

AnnieT

I had this HORRIBLE migraine last summer due to Psuedomonas. I know this thread is old, but so happy I found it and I'm not the only one who suffered with this.

iceskater7

This is incredible! I'm in the process of being evaluated for a late diagnosis of CF (I leave for the Mayo Clinic next week--fingers crossed!), but this all started because of this incredibly bizarre sinus infection that lasted five rounds of oral antibiotics, completely blocked my left ethmoid and maxillary sinuses, and had to be removed via surgery. Those sinus headaches are probably one of the worst things I have ever experienced. But I would get daily fevers between 1-3PM, and during those feverish hours especially I would get this horrible, burning post-nasal drip of green pus mucus that smelled absolutely rancid! It's still a bit problematic, even after surgery, although not near as bad. My usual ENT said that there was no point in culturing, since it was probably pseudomonas…which doesn't make sense to me that he thought that would be normal? Anyways, stumbling across this post has made me feel so known.