Paecilomyces anyone?

F

fr3ak

All I know is it's a rare fungus infection...

If you've had it did you get rid of it?

Did you have any ramifications from having it?

Any other blanks anyone can fill in about this pathogen please do!

I am back on Vfend which I am highly allergic too, skin rashes, hives, sun sensitivity etc, but don't got a choice but take it...

I also have Staph as well as serratia cultured from my bronch... which isn't getting treated

F

fr3ak

I am back on Vfend which I am highly allergic too, skin rashes, hives, sun sensitivity etc, but don't got a choice but take it...

I also have Staph as well as serratia cultured from my bronch... which isn't getting treated

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

<br />
<br />If you've had it did you get rid of it?
<br />
<br />Did you have any ramifications from having it?
<br />
<br />Any other blanks anyone can fill in about this pathogen please do!
<br />
<br />
<br />I am back on Vfend which I am highly allergic too, skin rashes, hives, sun sensitivity etc, but don't got a choice but take it...
<br />
<br />I also have Staph as well as serratia cultured from my bronch... which isn't getting treated

Marjolein

I don't know about that fungus..
I do know that when I had 'just the regular' Aspergillus a month post tx they didn't put me on Vfend.
I got a strong treatment of Itraconazole tablets, 2x200 mg a day (later 2x100 mg because my kidneys didn't like it that much). That did the trick for me. I had it for 3 months. My doctor said it was a strong treatment but that he wanted to use this because we had detected it early and that we had a good chance of getting rid of it. It did do the trick, my next bronch 6 months post tx and every bronch after that didn't culture it.

I hope you can get rid of this fungal infection again. And that the Staph and Serratia won't bother you too much.

X

Marjolein

I do know that when I had 'just the regular' Aspergillus a month post tx they didn't put me on Vfend.
I got a strong treatment of Itraconazole tablets, 2x200 mg a day (later 2x100 mg because my kidneys didn't like it that much). That did the trick for me. I had it for 3 months. My doctor said it was a strong treatment but that he wanted to use this because we had detected it early and that we had a good chance of getting rid of it. It did do the trick, my next bronch 6 months post tx and every bronch after that didn't culture it.

I hope you can get rid of this fungal infection again. And that the Staph and Serratia won't bother you too much.

X

Marjolein

X

Marjolein

X

Marjolein

<br />I do know that when I had 'just the regular' Aspergillus a month post tx they didn't put me on Vfend.
<br />I got a strong treatment of Itraconazole tablets, 2x200 mg a day (later 2x100 mg because my kidneys didn't like it that much). That did the trick for me. I had it for 3 months. My doctor said it was a strong treatment but that he wanted to use this because we had detected it early and that we had a good chance of getting rid of it. It did do the trick, my next bronch 6 months post tx and every bronch after that didn't culture it.
<br />
<br />I hope you can get rid of this fungal infection again. And that the Staph and Serratia won't bother you too much.
<br />
<br />X