Pain in belly during pt

mamaScarlett

Anyone ever have bad pain in their lower pregnant belly while vesting or coughing? If so, did anything help?
It seems similar to what people describe as round ligament pain. This is my 3rd pregnancy so I'm thinking perhaps things are just more 'stretched' out? I remember having occasional episodes of pain during coughing or vesting with previous pregnancies, like a sudden twinge that comes and goes. But nothing like this.
This is the same spot every day, and if it begins during a pt session its not going away. Also if I lie down a certain way and cough, I'll get the pain. I'm wondering if its just going to be like this till I deliver or what..Hurts so bad.

triples15

Super Moderator
First off, congratulations!! Number 3, wow! :)

So, I don't remember whether I noticed it more during treatments or not, but I did experience pain in my lower belly (waay lower belly, just above my pubic bone) during pregnancy. Not sure how far along you are, but it was pretty early on for me that I had this pain. I'm thinking it was right around end of first trimester into the beginning of the second. And I did all the reading about the round ligament pain and assumed that's what it was, but it still made me nervous because my symptoms deviated a bit from the descriptions I was reading. I called the doc and they said that yes, it was probably round ligament pain. Maybe just give your doc a call to give yourself a little added reassurance? It can't hurt.

I know it's not exactly what you're experiencing, but thought I'd mention it. Mine was definitely not a twinge, but but more a lingering achy feeling that got worse and better at times. They told me I could put a heating pad on it, but I remember worrying that I would overheat the baby. ;) I wish I could remember how it related to my coughing treatments. Sorry.

Keep us posted! Hoping it will pass.

Take Care,

Autumn 33 w/CF

peter

Look up diastasis recti, to familiarize yourself with picture anatomy and terminology. it is a "tearing" apart of the middle membrane of your rectus abdominal muscles. It attaches to the pubic ramus. You may also have pulling at its attachment such as periostitis(or similar reason), or an ensethopathy, myosotis etc. find a physical therapist who knows how to tape for it. Maybe a dynamic kinesio taping or static McConnell Taping. You could also use a sacral belt. If the Therapist has an OCS or SCS, meaning clinically certified in sports or orthopedics, you'll have best chance for success. PM me if you wish and I can give you my phone to discuss.