Pancreatitis and The Vest

CFkitty

I just recently started using The Vest (about a month now) and I have correlated an increase in my pacnreatitis pain on days when I spend more time on the Vest.
I was wondering if anyone else out there finds that the Vest aggravates their Pancreatitis. Physiologically, it makes sense bc the pancreas is imflammed and the banging around probably aggravates that, but it's just a theory.
Thanks in advance!
PS I love the Vest, so I'm hoping that this isn't the case!!

CFkitty

I just recently started using The Vest (about a month now) and I have correlated an increase in my pacnreatitis pain on days when I spend more time on the Vest.
I was wondering if anyone else out there finds that the Vest aggravates their Pancreatitis. Physiologically, it makes sense bc the pancreas is imflammed and the banging around probably aggravates that, but it's just a theory.
Thanks in advance!
PS I love the Vest, so I'm hoping that this isn't the case!!

stillkickin

Well, I don't know if the Vest irritates the Pancreatitis. I do know when I get hand percussion...I can't go anywhere near the mid and lower left side because it hurts when I've had Pancreatitis. When the pancreas is literally trying to digest itself, it stands to reason anything moving it around would not feel too good.

stillkickin

Well, I don't know if the Vest irritates the Pancreatitis. I do know when I get hand percussion...I can't go anywhere near the mid and lower left side because it hurts when I've had Pancreatitis. When the pancreas is literally trying to digest itself, it stands to reason anything moving it around would not feel too good.

AUG19DW

I always made my son use the acapella. That was the only thing he could do. Now when he wasnt having a pancreatitis attack he would use the vest. But he got to the point he was in pain 24/7 so the vest was out of the question. And of course doing the PFT's were very hard on him. Trying to blow good into the machine was a job while he was in pain so it always showed lower.
Donna,VA

AUG19DW

I always made my son use the acapella. That was the only thing he could do. Now when he wasnt having a pancreatitis attack he would use the vest. But he got to the point he was in pain 24/7 so the vest was out of the question. And of course doing the PFT's were very hard on him. Trying to blow good into the machine was a job while he was in pain so it always showed lower.
Donna,VA

CFkitty

Thank you for the replies. I think I just have to suck it up, because the Vest has been doing amazing work for me. Thanks again!

CFkitty

Thank you for the replies. I think I just have to suck it up, because the Vest has been doing amazing work for me. Thanks again!