pari trek nebulizer compressor

I am buying a portable nebulzier compressor for traveling. I have read conflicting reports of whether Pari trek works well for pulmozyme and tobi. My nurse has suggested this one to me... Anyone know?

If anyone has suggestions for other portable nebulizers, It needs to be dual voltage and also a bettery would help.

I am buying a portable nebulzier compressor for traveling. I have read conflicting reports of whether Pari trek works well for pulmozyme and tobi. My nurse has suggested this one to me... Anyone know?

If anyone has suggestions for other portable nebulizers, It needs to be dual voltage and also a bettery would help.

Jana

I use the Trek when I travel and in my car, and it works pretty well. I like it because it is so light and small. It gets "tired" and takes longer when I do my hour of treatments, but it's worth the extra time to me for traveling easily. When I do shorter treatments--for example, Tobi on my way home from work--it is about the same speed as the one I use at home. I've never used it with the battery.

Jana

I use the Trek when I travel and in my car, and it works pretty well. I like it because it is so light and small. It gets "tired" and takes longer when I do my hour of treatments, but it's worth the extra time to me for traveling easily. When I do shorter treatments--for example, Tobi on my way home from work--it is about the same speed as the one I use at home. I've never used it with the battery.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I was told not to use the trek for Tobi by a pari rep. It's not strong enough, assume it's the same for pulmozyme. I have used a regular pari proneb ultra hooked to an inverter and cigarrette lighter for car trips.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I was told not to use the trek for Tobi by a pari rep. It's not strong enough, assume it's the same for pulmozyme. I have used a regular pari proneb ultra hooked to an inverter and cigarrette lighter for car trips.

cf4life

Technically the pari trek is inferior because it does not break the drug down to smaller particle sizes compared to other nebulizers. Therefore, it is not going to be as effective or get as deep into your lungs. I don't believe it is approved for tobi. That said I am not sure what the actual clinical difference really is. I tried a pari trek a number of years ago and found it very slow.

The best option for travel and in car use is the pari eflow technology found is the pari trio and altera. If you are on tobi you can get a 'special' formulation of tobi for use in the trio. You can get the trio for free with a tobi prescription. I am not sure if all insurances cover this since you need to go to a pharmacy like foundation care to get the trio.

cf4life

Technically the pari trek is inferior because it does not break the drug down to smaller particle sizes compared to other nebulizers. Therefore, it is not going to be as effective or get as deep into your lungs. I don't believe it is approved for tobi. That said I am not sure what the actual clinical difference really is. I tried a pari trek a number of years ago and found it very slow.

The best option for travel and in car use is the pari eflow technology found is the pari trio and altera. If you are on tobi you can get a 'special' formulation of tobi for use in the trio. You can get the trio for free with a tobi prescription. I am not sure if all insurances cover this since you need to go to a pharmacy like foundation care to get the trio.

I tried to get a trio but my nurse said it doesn't work with my tobi even though the trio folks told me I can get my tobi changed to allow it to work, just as cf4life mentioned. She seems to want me to buy the trek, but I also heard it doesn't work well with pulmozyme and tobi! I will continue to research these things, thanks!

I tried to get a trio but my nurse said it doesn't work with my tobi even though the trio folks told me I can get my tobi changed to allow it to work, just as cf4life mentioned. She seems to want me to buy the trek, but I also heard it doesn't work well with pulmozyme and tobi! I will continue to research these things, thanks!