Pariboy Pump and Tobramycin issue

stock12

Hey All,

Wondering If anybody that uses the Pariboy SX Pump compressor has the issue of when doing nebulised tobramycin it can sometimes become quite frothy which results in treatment time going from 15 mins to like 30-40 minutes.

Any tips on why or how to fix this it happens every so often not sure if it is to do with the medicine or the neb cup?

any advice is appreciated

thanks
Jake 40 with cf

stephen

Super Moderator
Interesting you mentioned this.

While it's been a long time since I've used TOBI, I distinctly remember this occasionally happening. When it did happen, I would turn the pump off for a few minutes and let the TOBI settle.

As I remember, it happened with more than one nebulizer pump, neither of which was the type you're using. While I never did find out exactly why, I came to the conclusion that it was caused by something with the nebulizer cup or the dose of TOBI.

Last edited:

stock12

Interesting you mentioned this.

While it's been a long time since I've used TOBI, I distinctly remember this occasionally happening. When it did happen, I would turn the pump off for a few minutes and let the TOBI settle.

As I remember, it happened with more than one nebulizer pump, neither of which was the type you're using. While I never did find out exactly why, I came to the conclusion that it was caused by something with the nebulizer cup or the dose of TOBI.

Thanks Steve will give this a try i.e turning it on and off its happened with a few different pari pumps, I am in Australia but I do not think that matters too much,

Cheers for the reply