Parotid tumor (swelling)

missT

Hi All, so I went to go see an ENT for a small lump by my ear...basically on my face He said I have a parotid tumor. I went for a CT today. I was just wondering if any CFer's have ever had this prob? Can it be related to CF?

missT

Hi All, so I went to go see an ENT for a small lump by my ear...basically on my face He said I have a parotid tumor. I went for a CT today. I was just wondering if any CFer's have ever had this prob? Can it be related to CF?

missT

missT

missT

M

MiddleAgedLady

missT,
I do believe it is related to CF. It's interesting that you post this now as I have only been reading about the connection to CF this week. CF is a disease of the excretory glands. The parotid excretes saliva.

I have had pain and occasional swelling of the glands under my jaw bones for many years. Doctors would palpate and then shrug their shoulders. I've had mono multiple times so I figured it was leftover from all that glandular swelling. I'll try to retrace my steps of the online articles I found and get back to you.

I hope the tumor turns out to be nothing!!

Joan

M

MiddleAgedLady

missT,
I do believe it is related to CF. It's interesting that you post this now as I have only been reading about the connection to CF this week. CF is a disease of the excretory glands. The parotid excretes saliva.

I have had pain and occasional swelling of the glands under my jaw bones for many years. Doctors would palpate and then shrug their shoulders. I've had mono multiple times so I figured it was leftover from all that glandular swelling. I'll try to retrace my steps of the online articles I found and get back to you.

Joan

M

MiddleAgedLady

missT,

Joan

M

MiddleAgedLady

missT,

Joan

M

MiddleAgedLady

missT,
<br />I do believe it is related to CF. It's interesting that you post this now as I have only been reading about the connection to CF this week. CF is a disease of the excretory glands. The parotid excretes saliva.
<br />
<br />I have had pain and occasional swelling of the glands under my jaw bones for many years. Doctors would palpate and then shrug their shoulders. I've had mono multiple times so I figured it was leftover from all that glandular swelling. I'll try to retrace my steps of the online articles I found and get back to you.
<br />
<br />I hope the tumor turns out to be nothing!!
<br />
<br />Joan