pastoral care in hospital

musclemania70

I believe in God but for some reason it really bothers me when the pastoral care comes around and asks if I want prayer or Eucharist. I understand if you are so sick that they think you might die but it really makes me feel bad about myself when they come around and ask if I want prayer. Its like they are telling me there is no hope except if I pray or get Eucharist. Is God really going to punish me if I don't accept the Eucharist while I AM IN THE HOSPITAL UNDER NO FAULT OF MY OWN?
I prefer to wait until I am back at home to go to church and get it there.
Does anyone else agree or am I being hypersensitive?
I am a believer but I also don't like people pushing it down my throat like I MUST TAKE THIS IMMEDIATELY.

musclemania70

I believe in God but for some reason it really bothers me when the pastoral care comes around and asks if I want prayer or Eucharist. I understand if you are so sick that they think you might die but it really makes me feel bad about myself when they come around and ask if I want prayer. Its like they are telling me there is no hope except if I pray or get Eucharist. Is God really going to punish me if I don't accept the Eucharist while I AM IN THE HOSPITAL UNDER NO FAULT OF MY OWN?
I am a believer but I also don't like people pushing it down my throat like I MUST TAKE THIS IMMEDIATELY.

musclemania70

musclemania70

musclemania70

<br />I prefer to wait until I am back at home to go to church and get it there.
<br />Does anyone else agree or am I being hypersensitive?
<br />I am a believer but I also don't like people pushing it down my throat like I MUST TAKE THIS IMMEDIATELY.

JazzysMom

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs or lack there of. I am not overly religious & use to cringe when the ministers & priests would stop by. I now enjoy it tho I did have a priest turn around & leave my room when he found out I was not a Catholic. I found that very unchristian like!!

IF you put it in your medical records that you dont want them coming....at least at our hospital, they are required to abide by that.

Make it known upon admission.

Many people seek all of what they offer as a comfort. How are they to know you arent one of them unless you tell them....no thank you?!

JazzysMom

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs or lack there of. I am not overly religious & use to cringe when the ministers & priests would stop by. I now enjoy it tho I did have a priest turn around & leave my room when he found out I was not a Catholic. I found that very unchristian like!!

IF you put it in your medical records that you dont want them coming....at least at our hospital, they are required to abide by that.

Many people seek all of what they offer as a comfort. How are they to know you arent one of them unless you tell them....no thank you?!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />IF you put it in your medical records that you dont want them coming....at least at our hospital, they are required to abide by that.
<br />
<br />Make it known upon admission.
<br />
<br />Many people seek all of what they offer as a comfort. How are they to know you arent one of them unless you tell them....no thank you?!