PFT Goal's thread. Trying to achieve 60% FEV1.

Incomudrox

Update: Got my culture results from 3/14 back today. As of then I am not culturing PA or MSSA. But am culturing: Aspergillus fumigatus group Isolated Few Yeast, No Further Identification Many Mouth Flora [Includes >= 1 Of: Oral Strep, Coag Neg Staph, Diphtheroids, Non-pathogenic Neisseria], No Further Identification

Also Genotyping blood draw for John Hopkins study is on Monday at 9:30AM! WOOH!

Incomudrox

PFT Goal's thread. Trying to achieve 60% FEV1. NOT CULTURING MSSA OR PA! WOOT!

Went out and bought a bicycle today and rode it 23 city blocks home. (2-miles) with relatively no issues. :) Exercise baby!

Incomudrox

Update:

Just wanted to through this in here, as some people have asked about the Symplex C/Liposomal. So what I want to say is, Symplex C absolutely is 110% putrid and tastes horrible so I'd been putting it through my G-Tube. However, like I said I was going to do, I got my order of just the VitC/Resveratrol/Curcumin today leaving out GSH (Glutathione & CoQ10) from the Symplex C. From the smell of each they smell 100% better than the Symplex C mixture. I didn't try my taste buds on them yet, but I'll update about that when I do. I'm hoping they taste better because putting it through my G-tube is a mild chore.

Incomudrox

Update:

On Friday I started to develop a sinus infection... I'm sure I will get some jealous people but it's the first one I've ever had. In any event I didn't want to get post nasal drip and seed new bacteria in my lungs. I didn't seem to have any but I pulled out all the stops to try and head it off. It seems to be 99% gone at this point. I know my mom gets sinus infections and they always last longer than a week so I guess I'm doing something right if it only lasted 2 1/2 days. I did start the Haritaki as it is Anti-viral which most sinus infections are caused by viruses from what I know. I also inhaled Puracyn through my nostrils which seemed to help a lot. I just got my order of L-Glutathione Plus Sodium Bicarbonate today (Saturday, I didn't goto sleep yet so it's still the same day to me.) I started it to head off anything as well. Wow is all I can say. So far it seems awesome, I can't wait to see what it does long term!

Incomudrox

Update: I am going to be discontinuing officially, HTS 10%. The inhaled L-Glutathione is a much better option for me. It works better, isn't at all harsh and causes no bronch spasms although I don't get them much with HTS. GSH is also more purposeful/multipurpose.

EDIT: I've also been off Mucinex for 3 weeks because well I have no mucus so it's not needed now. However if it's needed I'll re-add it.

Incomudrox

PFT's @ 12:30PM EST today! Culture as well! Pumped!

Incomudrox

Had an awesome visit today! WOOT

FEV1 is up 6% to 37% FVC is up 10% to 72%

HisAngel

WAY TO GO, MY FRIEND!! YOU ROCK!! Keep up the awesome work, 60 is within reach and then keep raising that bar!!

Incomudrox

My doc pushed out my visits from every one month to 2 1/2 months right now. My goals are to gain a bunch more weight and increase FEV1 to 45% by next visit.

sue35

Do you have information on the inhaled glutathione? I tried looking it up on the site but couldn't find any recent in for? I can't handle HTS so this could be a great option for me. Does your doctor know you are on it?

Incomudrox

I'll try to get you some more detailed info on it. My doc knows everything I'm doing he and the team have apparently been following my blog and my posts here as well without me knowing lol. Prior to ME knowing that I told him about it and asked for normal saline vials instead of having to boil water and he was happy to oblige. I'll be out for a little today but I'll post back later.

sue35

Ok...back to the topic, that is great news about your lung function! I have become inspired to start doing more alternative treatments because of some of you. I started NAC, the green smoothies and now would love to hear about glutathione. I can barely handle 3%HTS.

mariakom

Hi! I read your topic, and indeed it is a feat on my physical exercise) Yes, of course we all know that exercise is good but too lazy .. it is difficult to fight. but when I see your results, I force myself to do something! thanks for the good spirit!
and I want to ask the question - what is Puratsyn - I found only information that is what that gel for beauty .. may be you have a link? Thank you!

B

BikerEd

So how long till we race jp the steps and get that cheese steak? I really need to get in shape, cause I'm starting to get fat

P

petersymons

*NEW* PFT Goal's thread. Trying to hit that magic 60% FEV1.

Hi Lilmac would be grateful to hear of your exeperiences with puracyn.
Regards peter

lilmac7

Peter,

I just replied to your PM, I'm sure I haven't been on it as faithfully as Incumodrox though - Fulltime job it not always feasible to do 2-3mls 4 times a day so I've been experimenting/tweaking it to see if I can get good results with different doses but less frequently taken in the day.

Been a while I've not been on the forums so I gotta read through this thread to catch up ;)

Incomudrox

Hey everyone,

Just an update here, I seem to have an increased cough which is no doubtly from increased pollen count this time of year. Luckily it hasn't seeded extra bacterial growth in my lungs (yet). However I am far from what my baseline cough was a year ago, so that is a plus.My mucus production is very minimal, but isn't "nothing" anymore. What I am bringing up is generally clear with small bits of green. It's strange however, one day I'll have nothing and the next i'll have a little bit. Good thing I overall I suppose as it could be everyday. I vowed to myself if it's the last thing I do I WILL get rid of PA forever. Persistance is the in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
I have come to realize that this "regime" I have come up with is expensive, and the reasoning behind that is when I researched each piece of the puzzle I wanted to get the best there was out there. I am trying to standardize it a little and working to make it cheaper for myself but still as effective and also for anyone else who maybe wanting to follow my foot steps.
To help with this I bought my own FEV1 meter, however it hasn't come yet. I will use it to keep close tabs on how each piece effects my health (or doesn't). I needed to do this because my appointments are now being spread further apart because I'm doing better. I had been going every month. Now I've been pushed out to every 2 1/2 - 3 months. Again this is one of those good things overall.
I'll be updating the list of things as I make any changes, I will POST the reasons as I change them in the thread, but not in the first post so if you have a question as to what has changed likily you'll find the answers after this post I'm making right now.
A lot of you have thanked me for doing this, and helping them become inspired to take better control of their health either by exercise or exploring alternative medicine or just actually doing your normal CF meds. I thank you all as well for helping support me by giving me positive feed back.
On Sunday (29th) I will be going to Michigan to visit a friend and will likily not be on much until the 12th of May. I will try to reply to any email's or posts quickly as possible but if I don't reply right away that is why.

-Thanks

Frank/Moderator

Incomudrox

Since I haven't had an update in a while, I'll give you one.

This is the progress I have made in the gym......

Here are two pictures, one is November of 2011 the other is April 2012.

photo%2B%25281%2529.JPG

photo.JPG