PFT Goal's thread. Trying to achieve 60% FEV1.

lilmac7

Good job! Want to stimulate faster muscle gains? Do allot of compound movement exercises especially ones for legs like squats, dead lifts, stiff leg dead lifts. Compound movements will spike testosterone levels higher than others simply cause they impact more muscles to execute them and also wherever possible IMO stick to free weights cause machines tend to take the stabilizing muscles out of the equation. Compound movement exercises are move exhaustive but that's a good thing cause they'll get you huffing and puffing easily which to me opens up my breathing allot better. I could go on and on about weight lifting cause I've been at it for years but I'll hold off cause I'm sure you get the idea and know quite a bit yourself, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Melissa75

Administrator
Wow!! What a difference! Your upper arms and upper chest are so much fuller. You should post this in that inspiration thread in the Exercise section too.

Incomudrox

Originally posted by: scarecrow WOW!! You look like a different person in 5 months. Well done!! Keep it up. How much weight have you gained?

I have gained around 20lbs.

To everyone else who commented thank you!

@Melissa I posted in the exercise section too :)

@Mark I deff feel ya man. My dad used to bodybuild he'd always tell me (and still does) just do squats and deadlifts and drink milk. Hahaha

Incomudrox

581254_10151781448985080_783995079_24588839_404487569_n.jpg

lilmac7

Squats and dead lifts....sure rings a bell...look up "20 rep squat routine" or "milk and squats"and you'll see where that comes from. The 20 rep squat routine is a brutal old school routine for gaining mass and strength quickly but it's not for the faint of heart and definitely better with a partner for spotting you when needed. I did that routine some years ago to the T to bulk up before the last contest I did and got some good size n strength and it was able to push me past a plateau. It will make you puke and you will fail at it sometimes but trust me when you get some more weight on you and have the guts to give it a go it's an amazing workout program for size and strength. Anyway don't want to deter from your amazing thread too much, keep it up man you're getting there, i need to muster up some motivation and dedication like you now have so i can get back to where i was and out of a bit of a rut lately.

Liutka

Wow, Frank your results is amazing!!! I am very happy for you!

You inspiring me very much! :)

Keep going!

G

giantsfan91

I've added Curcumin, inhaled l-glutathione, chelated magnesium, puracyn, and inhaling ceftaz all at the direction of this thread and gained 6% in fev1 (32% to 38%) and 3 lbs in a span of 6 weeks. Traditional medicine was failing me and I was looking at a transplant if my numbers weren't up. I'm so thankful of this thread and the people who contribute to this site. You're the man Frank! Keep up the hard work!

Incomudrox

Well I guess I won't be bike riding anymore as I let my brother use my bike to go to work. It got stolen good lock cut right through.....

Looking good! Hey you said your bike was stolen. I, personally, am on my third bike in 3 years in Chicago (Oh I lock them properly, yes). sighs* However have you applied for the CF activity grant? You could probably convince them why you need a bike.

http://www.cflf.org/content_page/individual-recreation-grants

lilmac7

Frank, since starting the supplements one thing that I've been pondering is timing of them. Rather than asking you more on that yet again in a message off the boards I figure I'd ask here so others who might have the same question will get the answer.

So the question is how do you time these supplements? I'm more referring to like the Curcumin, Cordyceps, Vit C etc? Do you just gulp them all down at the same time - i.e. morning & evening, with/without food? That type of stuff is what I'm curious about. I've just been taking the lot split majority twice per day all at once morning & evening and try to have at least a little something to eat with or after I take them - even a slice or 2 of toast if not a full size meal. The exception to this for me is the cordyceps which I take 4 times a day as the bottle says, the vitamin C I take 2 twice daily cause it's just easier for me to do that way but I might change that, and the Glucosamine with HA I split taking 3 in morning and 2 in the evening - the bottle says take 5 daily but I'm not sure if that's all to be done at once or split up?

Your insights on this would be much appreciated ;)

Incomudrox

For the most part I have gone with the dosing interval recommended by the supplements. For the Joint supp - I take all 5 at once because it doesn't say "1 cap 5 times a day, it says 5 caps daily" However I'm sure taking them apart it okay too. For the curcumin I take 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening at least 8-10 hours apart. The cordyceps I take once every 6 hours. The vit c I take one every 6 hours. Life isn't perfect these times are ideal there are times I miss the exact timing. I usually try to take everything with food unless it says not to take with food (bromelain)... I could imagine taking them with a medium sized meal not to small not too large is ideal. Does this make sense?

lilmac7

Yeah makes, I'll alter mine accordingly and experiment if I need to with possibly what might work out easier for me to do. Like twice or 3 times a day (waking hours) would be easiest so I'll see how I respond to that. I'm sure it'll take some trial and error but with the amazing results you're having of course it might be best to mimic your schedule since it's working for you.