Pharmacy fun

Skye

I have been in need of Colistin for nearly 2 weeks. I started out with my local specialty pharmacy who normally fills this for me with no probs. I was told by some ding-dong there that they NO longer make it. Not knowing that there were other manufacturers of this product and not knowing she was off her nut.....that sent me to tears. After some searching, I found that it was just in-fact on back order.

So I go to my local pharmacy who can't get it....on back order. So I go to my mail order pharmacy and I am assured that they have it and can get it to me. I get them the script which takes my local doc a few days to get to them. They get the script and put part of it in my husbands name....another day wasted. Call again......it is coming and going out next day air....no worries. Call the next day.....in the process, coming no worries. Keep checking on the computer with no shipping information and still some phantom meds for my husband who has not ordered anything. Call again to straighten that out and am assured that it is going out urgent mail. NOT feeling confident, I call this morning and am told....OH that med is on back order and we don't know when we will get it. TEARS! Then I call to get it from another pharmacy and they can't even tell me if I can get it cause records show that mail-order dip sheet pharmacy filled it for me on 8/31/09. 11 am call respectable and very reputable CF pharmacy that many use on this site and they have it in stock, will deliver over night....problem solved in 20 minutes.

I am exhausted from 2 weeks of fighting this and I hope and pray I get this some time in the next few days.

Skye

I have been in need of Colistin for nearly 2 weeks. I started out with my local specialty pharmacy who normally fills this for me with no probs. I was told by some ding-dong there that they NO longer make it. Not knowing that there were other manufacturers of this product and not knowing she was off her nut.....that sent me to tears. After some searching, I found that it was just in-fact on back order.

So I go to my local pharmacy who can't get it....on back order. So I go to my mail order pharmacy and I am assured that they have it and can get it to me. I get them the script which takes my local doc a few days to get to them. They get the script and put part of it in my husbands name....another day wasted. Call again......it is coming and going out next day air....no worries. Call the next day.....in the process, coming no worries. Keep checking on the computer with no shipping information and still some phantom meds for my husband who has not ordered anything. Call again to straighten that out and am assured that it is going out urgent mail. NOT feeling confident, I call this morning and am told....OH that med is on back order and we don't know when we will get it. TEARS! Then I call to get it from another pharmacy and they can't even tell me if I can get it cause records show that mail-order dip sheet pharmacy filled it for me on 8/31/09. 11 am call respectable and very reputable CF pharmacy that many use on this site and they have it in stock, will deliver over night....problem solved in 20 minutes.

I am exhausted from 2 weeks of fighting this and I hope and pray I get this some time in the next few days.

Skye

Skye

Skye

<br />
<br />So I go to my local pharmacy who can't get it....on back order. So I go to my mail order pharmacy and I am assured that they have it and can get it to me. I get them the script which takes my local doc a few days to get to them. They get the script and put part of it in my husbands name....another day wasted. Call again......it is coming and going out next day air....no worries. Call the next day.....in the process, coming no worries. Keep checking on the computer with no shipping information and still some phantom meds for my husband who has not ordered anything. Call again to straighten that out and am assured that it is going out urgent mail. NOT feeling confident, I call this morning and am told....OH that med is on back order and we don't know when we will get it. TEARS! Then I call to get it from another pharmacy and they can't even tell me if I can get it cause records show that mail-order dip sheet pharmacy filled it for me on 8/31/09. 11 am call respectable and very reputable CF pharmacy that many use on this site and they have it in stock, will deliver over night....problem solved in 20 minutes.
<br />
<br />I am exhausted from 2 weeks of fighting this and I hope and pray I get this some time in the next few days.
<br />
<br />

JazzysMom

Breathe in, breathe out!
<br />
<br />Make mental notes & glad to hear that you will get it!!!!
<br />
<br />HUGS

xosder22

serenity now
<br />
<br />serenity now
<br />
<br />just remember that all the answers to life can be found watching seinfeld

Skye

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>just remember that all the answers to life can be found watching seinfeld</end quote></div>

So true! Don't know if I have all the answers yet; but, I'm gonna go to a crappy little amusement park today.....ride some rides, eat some junk food and forget about it!

Skye

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>just remember that all the answers to life can be found watching seinfeld</end quote></div>

So true! Don't know if I have all the answers yet; but, I'm gonna go to a crappy little amusement park today.....ride some rides, eat some junk food and forget about it!

Skye

Skye

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>just remember that all the answers to life can be found watching seinfeld</end quote>

Skye

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>just remember that all the answers to life can be found watching seinfeld</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />So true! Don't know if I have all the answers yet; but, I'm gonna go to a crappy little amusement park today.....ride some rides, eat some junk food and forget about it!