Pic changes

jshet

Have a few questions for those with Pic lines. How long has/had your
Pic line lasted before needing to have it removed or replaced? Anyone make it a year or longer? For anyone who had to have a Pic line changed out, how long does that take, what is involved, and how does it compare to the initial placement of one, like time, pain, ect.
Is it safe to assume that the more it is used, the quicker it wears out? Thanks everyone, jshet

robbiekay

Are you talking about a port a cath or a pic line that is the port acath accessed . A pic line my son Comfort Care
So I did it I said those five magical words "I CHOOSE 100% COMFORT CARE" it doesn't seem like something big and I don't know why I made it a bigger thing than it was but I said it and now I am more comfortable!

My doc.'s are all so optimistic that I will recover like I normally do and that I will bounce back and use another of my 20 lives. But I needed more pain meds and until I said those magic words they didn't want to give me more because it would make me more sleepy etc.... so apparently when you say those words it means they focus on how you feel rather than on numbers.

I want to type more but I feel so tired, I will finish tomorrow.

-------------------------
28~F~CF~married 5 yrs.~dF508/G542X~B. Cepacia, MRSA, PA, 16 Embolizations, 6 times on life support, 2/07 upper right Lobectomy
always gets his pic line change every week but I will tell you please wAtch and make sure