PICC Clot

ryry11

Hi everyone.
I got a PICC in mid-November. Shortly thereafter I was diagnosed with a clot in my arm (long and skinny from inside my bicep to shoulder). I have been on Lovenox shots since. Tonight, my clot arm started to ache. When I took off my shirt, I noticed that my veins in my shoulder were extremely prominent (not sticking out but dark, dark blue) and there was a little bit of redness. No swelling and not hard to the touch. I feel okay otherwise. No unexplained shortness of breath, dizziness, etc that would suggest a pulmonary embolism. I just noticed that my hand was a little tingly. Not numb, nor like half asleep.
Has anyone experienced this and should I be worried? My mom was entirely unconcerned.
Thanks.

JustDucky

You should get that checked out immediately....when I got a clot, my vessels became very prominent and reddened, as well as tender. You could have formed another clot or there could be something else going on. Either way, you need to address this right away.

Jenn 41 wCF

ryry11

I'm in the ER right now. The rest of my veins lit up like lights this afternoon and the pain kept moving farther down.

4ever21

I hope all is well, I have had small clots but they went away with blood thinners. I hope that everything works out for you.