Picc Line

AnnieT

<br>I have a Picc line, I had gotten pneumonia and with my pseudomonas it's become resisitant to pretty much everything-I am limited to IV antibiotics.  I just noticed a little open sore about half the size of my pinky nail next to the picc line under the tape. I'm not being dramatic-but a little  concerned. I did call home health and the nurse will be here sometime tonight. Has this happened to anyone else? I just worry about infection.

AnnieT

<br>I have a Picc line, I had gotten pneumonia and with my pseudomonas it's become resisitant to pretty much everything-I am limited to IV antibiotics. I just noticed a little open sore about half the size of my pinky nail next to the picc line under the tape. I'm not being dramatic-but a little concerned. I did call home health and the nurse will be here sometime tonight. Has this happened to anyone else? I just worry about infection.

AnnieT

<p><br>I have a Picc line, I had gotten pneumonia and with my pseudomonas it's become resisitant to pretty much everything-I am limited to IV antibiotics. <p><p>I just noticed a little open sore about half the size of my pinky nail next to the picc line under the tape. I'm not being dramatic-but a little concerned. I did call home health and the nurse will be here sometime tonight. Has this happened to anyone else? I just worry about infection.

Havoc

Could it possible be a blister from the tape? Do you have a fever? Is the area red and hot to the touch?

It's a good idea to have your home health nurse have a look. I measure my arm with a tape, that way I am quick to catch any swelling. I've yet to have problems with a PICC, though (I've had 4).

Good luck.

Havoc

Could it possible be a blister from the tape? Do you have a fever? Is the area red and hot to the touch?

It's a good idea to have your home health nurse have a look. I measure my arm with a tape, that way I am quick to catch any swelling. I've yet to have problems with a PICC, though (I've had 4).

Good luck.

Havoc

<br />
<br />It's a good idea to have your home health nurse have a look. I measure my arm with a tape, that way I am quick to catch any swelling. I've yet to have problems with a PICC, though (I've had 4).
<br />
<br />Good luck.

mamaScarlett

Its usually from the dressing or catheter rubbing against your skin.<br>I've had about 20 piccs, and I always get a raw looking blister. Hope thats all it is. <br>

mamaScarlett

Its usually from the dressing or catheter rubbing against your skin.<br>I've had about 20 piccs, and I always get a raw looking blister. Hope thats all it is. <br>

mamaScarlett

InhalingHope

Like others suggested it may be from the dressing. My entire arm turns into a huge blister by the end of my 2 weeks due to the dressing. It is ugly and horrendously itchy, but hasn't caused any "real" problems. Let us know what you find out from the home nurse!

InhalingHope

Like others suggested it may be from the dressing. My entire arm turns into a huge blister by the end of my 2 weeks due to the dressing. It is ugly and horrendously itchy, but hasn't caused any "real" problems. Let us know what you find out from the home nurse!

InhalingHope

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mamaScarlett</b></i>

Its usually from the dressing or catheter rubbing against your skin.
I've had about 20 piccs, and I always get a raw looking blister. Hope thats all it is.</end quote></div>

<div><br></div><div>Basically the same for me as well. There are different kinds of tape but I'm not sure if that would make much of a difference if a blister has already formed. Maybe try a small piece of sterile gauze to cover it up with the next dressing change, let it heal for a few days and protect it from the tape doing anything further damage. Just a thought.</div>

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mamaScarlett</b></i>

I've had about 20 piccs, and I always get a raw looking blister. Hope thats all it is.</end quote>

<br>Basically the same for me as well. There are different kinds of tape but I'm not sure if that would make much of a difference if a blister has already formed. Maybe try a small piece of sterile gauze to cover it up with the next dressing change, let it heal for a few days and protect it from the tape doing anything further damage. Just a thought.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator

I've had about 20 piccs, and I always get a raw looking blister. Hope thats all it is.</end quote>

<br>Basically the same for me as well. There are different kinds of tape but I'm not sure if that would make much of a difference if a blister has already formed. Maybe try a small piece of sterile gauze to cover it up with the next dressing change, let it heal for a few days and protect it from the tape doing anything further damage. Just a thought.

AnnieT

Thanks everyone, the nurse changed the dressing and everything is good to go. It's my first Picc so was a little concerned, but I 'm okay :)

AnnieT

Thanks everyone, the nurse changed the dressing and everything is good to go. It's my first Picc so was a little concerned, but I 'm okay :)

AnnieT