Pod Cast with Jerry Cahill

JennifersHope

Hey Guys,<br><br>Sorry I have not posted in a while but I still read on here every day or so. I keep tabs on all of you.<br><br>I was asked by Jerry Cahill to do a Podcast. He is going to be in my town next week. Since some of you have been with me from the beginning of being diagnosed with CF then undiagnosed with CF 10 years later, and now, not having a diagnoses at all and still having unstable health.<br><br>I need to come up with a topic to talk about. I want it to be positive and upbeat, which I believe in general I am unless I am on a lot of steroids but I am stumped on what to talk about since I am not a CFer (unless in 10 years they change their minds again and find something else with the Nasal Pd that changed)<br><br>I want to do a really good job, is there any topics you would like to hear about from me?<br><br>Harriet I am hoping you chime in, Jeanne Barnett, as well. Anyone who has followed me for the past ten years too. or if you just can think of an interesting topic. <br><br>I was thinking of either talking about the process that lead me to the road I am at now, no CF diagnoses but not healthy.<br><br>The Nasal PD testing in general<br><br>Living like I had CF for ten years/<br><br>I don't know, what do you think, Please comment and say something... I need to come up with a solid plan..<br>

JennifersHope

Hey Guys,<br><br>Sorry I have not posted in a while but I still read on here every day or so. I keep tabs on all of you.<br><br>I was asked by Jerry Cahill to do a Podcast. He is going to be in my town next week. Since some of you have been with me from the beginning of being diagnosed with CF then undiagnosed with CF 10 years later, and now, not having a diagnoses at all and still having unstable health.<br><br>I need to come up with a topic to talk about. I want it to be positive and upbeat, which I believe in general I am unless I am on a lot of steroids but I am stumped on what to talk about since I am not a CFer (unless in 10 years they change their minds again and find something else with the Nasal Pd that changed)<br><br>I want to do a really good job, is there any topics you would like to hear about from me?<br><br>Harriet I am hoping you chime in, Jeanne Barnett, as well. Anyone who has followed me for the past ten years too. or if you just can think of an interesting topic. <br><br>I was thinking of either talking about the process that lead me to the road I am at now, no CF diagnoses but not healthy.<br><br>The Nasal PD testing in general<br><br>Living like I had CF for ten years/<br><br>I don't know, what do you think, Please comment and say something... I need to come up with a solid plan..<br>

JennifersHope

M

Mommafirst

This is hard, Jen. I know you want to make it positive, but your story is so complex, that it'll be hard not to discuss so much of it. What about talking about making life decisions with CF in mind. You can discuss decisions you made and how CF played into them (or didn't) and how that matters now that you don't really have CF.

Good luck. I'm sure whatever you decide to discuss will be great.

M

Mommafirst

This is hard, Jen. I know you want to make it positive, but your story is so complex, that it'll be hard not to discuss so much of it. What about talking about making life decisions with CF in mind. You can discuss decisions you made and how CF played into them (or didn't) and how that matters now that you don't really have CF.

Good luck. I'm sure whatever you decide to discuss will be great.

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Good luck. I'm sure whatever you decide to discuss will be great.

Imogene

Administrator
Hi Jen and all:<br><br>I think MommaFirst gave a great suggestion....making life decisions with a chronic disease.<br><br>You could also speak on using the social health community and ministering to us too!<br><br>You are one who always moves forward with gusto.  I think you and Jerry have a lot in common.<br><br>When I say your name, sparkles and glitter, bubbles and personality appear!<br><br>So, for the podcast itself, my suggestions would be to practice your best voice...because Jerry has a Radio Voice and lots of experience with this.<br>The podcast is you coming through with your voice.<br><br>I say this, because, Jerry interviewed me many moons ago....I, unlike you, didn't prepare and used my own, quiet voice and hmmmm I sounded boring!<br><br>I hope this helps you, but another thing you are is thorough, so I bet you already knew all of this!<br><br>Good luck my friend!<br><br>Jeanne<br>

Imogene

Administrator
Hi Jen and all:<br><br>I think MommaFirst gave a great suggestion....making life decisions with a chronic disease.<br><br>You could also speak on using the social health community and ministering to us too!<br><br>You are one who always moves forward with gusto. I think you and Jerry have a lot in common.<br><br>When I say your name, sparkles and glitter, bubbles and personality appear!<br><br>So, for the podcast itself, my suggestions would be to practice your best voice...because Jerry has a Radio Voice and lots of experience with this.<br>The podcast is you coming through with your voice.<br><br>I say this, because, Jerry interviewed me many moons ago....I, unlike you, didn't prepare and used my own, quiet voice and hmmmm I sounded boring!<br><br>I hope this helps you, but another thing you are is thorough, so I bet you already knew all of this!<br><br>Good luck my friend!<br><br>Jeanne<br>

Imogene

Administrator
Hi Jen and all:<br><br>I think MommaFirst gave a great suggestion....making life decisions with a chronic disease.<br><br>You could also speak on using the social health community and ministering to us too!<br><br>You are one who always moves forward with gusto. I think you and Jerry have a lot in common.<br><br>When I say your name, sparkles and glitter, bubbles and personality appear!<br><br>So, for the podcast itself, my suggestions would be to practice your best voice...because Jerry has a Radio Voice and lots of experience with this.<br>The podcast is you coming through with your voice.<br><br>I say this, because, Jerry interviewed me many moons ago....I, unlike you, didn't prepare and used my own, quiet voice and hmmmm I sounded boring!<br><br>I hope this helps you, but another thing you are is thorough, so I bet you already knew all of this!<br><br>Good luck my friend!<br><br>Jeanne<br>

hmw

I like the thought of approaching this from the standpoint of the impact chronic disease has had on your life and how it's affected your life decisions. I particularly like that because even if you've had CF taken off the table for you, the symptoms and life with chronic illness hasn't gone away so this topic should 'flow' for you.

The rest of it (your complex story) ...how long will this podcast be? It's hard to decide how I feel about this and how it fits Cahill's approach to CF. You may not have time to get through it all and give it justice, but your QOL has been DRAMATICALLY affected as someone who lived with 'CF' and then 'probably not CF but still quite sick with the same symptoms' so this is something that deserves addressing even if you don't have time to give the whole back story.

hmw

I like the thought of approaching this from the standpoint of the impact chronic disease has had on your life and how it's affected your life decisions. I particularly like that because even if you've had CF taken off the table for you, the symptoms and life with chronic illness hasn't gone away so this topic should 'flow' for you.

The rest of it (your complex story) ...how long will this podcast be? It's hard to decide how I feel about this and how it fits Cahill's approach to CF. You may not have time to get through it all and give it justice, but your QOL has been DRAMATICALLY affected as someone who lived with 'CF' and then 'probably not CF but still quite sick with the same symptoms' so this is something that deserves addressing even if you don't have time to give the whole back story.

hmw

<br />
<br />The rest of it (your complex story) ...how long will this podcast be? It's hard to decide how I feel about this and how it fits Cahill's approach to CF. You may not have time to get through it all and give it justice, but your QOL has been DRAMATICALLY affected as someone who lived with 'CF' and then 'probably not CF but still quite sick with the same symptoms' so this is something that deserves addressing even if you don't have time to give the whole back story.

JennifersHope

Thanks Harriet, after talking to Jerry that was the topic we decided on...How not to let a disease dicatate your lifes decisions... I am excited about it, and I will probably private message you some questions tomorrow. I am going to talk about my life, going to nursing school, not having children, not getting married on purpose and other decisions I have made.

I need to come up with specific questions that Jerry will ask me, so if you have any, I would love it.. that would be great...

thank you so much for everyone's help

JennifersHope

Thanks Harriet, after talking to Jerry that was the topic we decided on...How not to let a disease dicatate your lifes decisions... I am excited about it, and I will probably private message you some questions tomorrow. I am going to talk about my life, going to nursing school, not having children, not getting married on purpose and other decisions I have made.

I need to come up with specific questions that Jerry will ask me, so if you have any, I would love it.. that would be great...

thank you so much for everyone's help

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I need to come up with specific questions that Jerry will ask me, so if you have any, I would love it.. that would be great...
<br />
<br />thank you so much for everyone's help

LouLou

How about this topic.
Is it better to have a cf diagnosis or not when it may or may not be cf? - the patient perspective.

To further elaborate...with all the newborn screening and other tests finding varients of the classic cf we all know well is it a good thing for the patient?
Did you have better care - and therefore better respiratory health/overall health because of your cf diagnosis?
How has your health been effected since being "undiagnosed?"

LouLou

How about this topic.
Is it better to have a cf diagnosis or not when it may or may not be cf? - the patient perspective.

To further elaborate...with all the newborn screening and other tests finding varients of the classic cf we all know well is it a good thing for the patient?
Did you have better care - and therefore better respiratory health/overall health because of your cf diagnosis?
How has your health been effected since being "undiagnosed?"

LouLou

How about this topic.
<br />Is it better to have a cf diagnosis or not when it may or may not be cf? - the patient perspective.
<br />
<br />To further elaborate...with all the newborn screening and other tests finding varients of the classic cf we all know well is it a good thing for the patient?
<br />Did you have better care - and therefore better respiratory health/overall health because of your cf diagnosis?
<br />How has your health been effected since being "undiagnosed?"

LouLou

Oh and those aren't questions I'm asking you to answer. They are meant to get your mind jogging re: your interview.

LouLou

Oh and those aren't questions I'm asking you to answer. They are meant to get your mind jogging re: your interview.