polyp in utetus having it removed. anyone go through this?

laneyb

Hi all
I hope this finds you all well. I am looking for some reassurance lol we have been doing IVF and now I have a polyp in my uterus! I will have it out in May. For some reason I'm so scared and nervous!! Not of the procedure but of the sedation! I met the doctor who does it and he was very nice said I'll only be out for 5 mins and I'll wake up on the table. Then I met the anaesathist and she scared me!! I'm afraid cause I have CF and am worried bout my breathing been sedated but. My breathing is totally fine I have this idea in my head!
The procedure is so quick and all. I've spoken to women on a different forum who've had it done and they all say it's really nothing.
I'd really love to hear from some CF women who've had it done.
Thanking you in advance

R

Red9928

I, too went through IVF, and am happy to report I'm the proud mom to 8 year old twin boys. I was actually diagnosed with CF a few years after I had the boys, always have had chronic lung symptoms, including bronchiectasis and pseudomonas, but took it genetic testing for a diagnosis. Anyway, I had a D&C twice due to uterine polyps. I, too, did not like the idea of being put under, and actually opted for a spinal block both times. I was alert for the procedure, BUT it took a LONG time for the spinal to wear off, and required more time in recovery, I saw many patients come and go before me. I wasn't given a choice once it came to egg retrieval during IVF, I was put under (very light sedation) and actually had a good experience with no breathing problems, making me wish I had gone that route for the polyps. Good luck to you for your upcoming procedure and IVF. Feel free to message me with any additional questions. On an aside, we ended up needing ICSI for successful IVF.

laneyb

Thank you red9928 for your response. Delighted for you with having twins amazing. My sister had twin girls and. my brother had twin girls too. Twins are amazing.
I have done a round of IVF and we have one embryo left if this round. I had early miscarriage before Xmas. Could have been due to polyp. I was awake for egg retrieval and was terrified! I cried with my husband while waiting for the procedure but in the end it was fine and quick!
I have no major issues and the polyp removal the doctor who does it said it is quick and i'll be asleep for 5 mins. I know it will be a bit longer than that but 15 mins is fine too! I think it will be fine just like the egg retrieval was in the end too!
After i spoke to the anaesathist i was in bits so scared!! She just couldnt say everything will be fine which i wanted her to lol she had just met me and was doing her job lol she did mention the epidural but I think I'll get the sedation. It's light sedation out for a very short time.

You had it for egg retrieval and it's fine?
Thank you so much for your reply.

R

Red9928

Laneyb.... I agree, twins are amazing (and a lot of work!!!) I feel very lucky. Yes, I had light sedation for the egg retrieval and I was fine, a much quicker process than the epidural... Must say too, it's not very comfortable waiting for hours for your legs to start working again! The anesthesiologist (or me!!) can't make any guarantees, but, really, everything should be fine! Good luck....I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage...the whole process can be sooooo stressful, here's praying for a successful outcome!