Port Surg 2moro, Questions for You CF Experts NOW!

2roses

<P>My 18yo daughter w/CF finally decided this morning to get a port after multiple hospitalizations and PICC placements, especially the last 2 years. She's already an inpatient for an exacerbation and is tuned up, so they're doing the surgery TOMORROW! She is adamant that she does NOT want the port in her chest, but a smaller port that can be put in the arm. I thought I'd post to the CF community. Does anyone have any experience with a port in the arm? What's better, lower arm or upper arm? Any limit in mobility with either? What's the appearance like after healing (how prominent is the bump)? How easy/difficult is it to access this type of port?</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Thanks so much,</P>
<P>Sherri</P>
<P>-----------------</P>
<P>Mother of 2 daughters, both w/CF, 13 and 18</P>

2roses

<P>My 18yo daughter w/CF finally decided this morning to get a port after multiple hospitalizations and PICC placements, especiallythe last 2 years. She's already an inpatient for an exacerbation and is tuned up, so they're doing the surgery TOMORROW! She is adamant that she does NOT want the port in her chest, but a smaller port that can be put in the arm.I thought I'd post to the CF community. Does anyone have any experience with a port in the arm? What's better, lower arm or upper arm? Any limit in mobility with either? What's the appearance like after healing (how prominent is the bump)? How easy/difficult is it to access this type of port?</P>
<P></P>
<P>Thanks so much,</P>
<P>Sherri</P>
<P>-----------------</P>

2roses

<P>My 18yo daughter w/CF finally decided this morning to get a port after multiple hospitalizations and PICC placements, especiallythe last 2 years. She's already an inpatient for an exacerbation and is tuned up, so they're doing the surgery TOMORROW! She is adamant that she does NOT want the port in her chest, but a smaller port that can be put in the arm.I thought I'd post to the CF community. Does anyone have any experience with a port in the arm? What's better, lower arm or upper arm? Any limit in mobility with either? What's the appearance like after healing (how prominent is the bump)? How easy/difficult is it to access this type of port?</P>
<P></P>
<P>Thanks so much,</P>
<P>Sherri</P>
<P>-----------------</P>

2roses

<P>My 18yo daughter w/CF finally decided this morning to get a port after multiple hospitalizations and PICC placements, especially the last 2 years. She's already an inpatient for an exacerbation and is tuned up, so they're doing the surgery TOMORROW! She is adamant that she does NOT want the port in her chest, but a smaller port that can be put in the arm. I thought I'd post to the CF community. Does anyone have any experience with a port in the arm? What's better, lower arm or upper arm? Any limit in mobility with either? What's the appearance like after healing (how prominent is the bump)? How easy/difficult is it to access this type of port?</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Thanks so much,</P>
<P>Sherri</P>
<P>-----------------</P>

2roses

<P></P>
<P>Thanks so much,</P>
<P>Sherri</P>
<P>-----------------</P>

2roses

<P></P>
<P>Thanks so much,</P>
<P>Sherri</P>
<P>-----------------</P>
<P>Mother of 2 daughters, both w/CF, 13 and 18</P><BR><BR>