Portland, ME and Dartmouth, NH clinics?

treehugger

Happy New Year everyone,

i live in AL and go to the UAB adult clinic. I would like to move to NH next year and would very much welcome comments on the Portland and Dartmouth clinics from those who visit them.

Thanks so much and stay warm up there!
Lisa

MissAlexsBP

Hi Lisa!

Happy New Year to you too! I was born in Boston, MA and lived in NH until I was 22ish. I did not go to the Portland or Darthmouth clinics, but I was seen at Boston Children's Hospital (pediatric into adult) and then had a smooth transition to adult care a Brigham and Women's in Boston. I would HIGHLY recommend BCH and BWH for what it is worth.

jaimers

Super Moderator
I live in NH and am seen at Mass General in Boston. Generally Very happy with the care! Boston children's is a great cf center as well and they see adults there as well as children.

treehugger

Thanks Jaimers. How long is your drive? I would like to live in Conway area and the drive to Boston looks like over 2 hours.
Lisa

jaimers

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry i didn't respond sooner. I'm about an hour and 15 minutes to the clinic in Boston without traffic. If i have an appointment before 10am i usually add about 45 minutes to an hour to my drive. 2+ hours from Conway to MGH sounds about right but you'll have to factor in traffic as well.
the care at Dartmouth and the care at MGH are comparable (according to my team at MGH) so it would be a little shorter travel time for you to go to Dartmouth from Conway but not significantly. The Dartmouth clinic also has a satellite campus in Manchester so that could be a plus for you since that's a little closer to Conway than Boston or Hanover.

Last edited: